I LOVED this town. It is so picturesque and cute. It's actually the home of the man who invented the saxophone... and they don't let you forget it - statues, monuments, plaques, artwork, everywhere. I really loved the view from the river - like a postcard.
Luckily, the weather was AMAZING - 80 degrees and hot... perfect for kayaking! We spent the day hanging out in the water and the sun with our friends Fernando and Sarah. We even ventured down a few "rapids" too. Then we finished up with some delicious french fries.
If you ever get a chance to visit Belgium - I think this city is definitely worth your time.
Road Trip 2: Lille, France
So we enjoyed a nice afternoon looking at antiques, eating ice cream, finding a SWEET deal on a backpack (bartered it down from 9 Euros, to 6) and wishing I had unlimited luggage to bring home the awesome antiques - I really fell in love with a red dresser + they had SO many cool trunks, I NEED a trunk someday.
Then I found 2 perfect scarves that I had seen once in Belgium but didn't buy and regretted ever since. Plus... I also found a cute sweater for only 10 Euros. The only downside was how disgusting the streets were - trash piled high plus it rained pretty hard the night before so all of the trash was damp and floating all around... pretty nasty.
But overall it was great!! We loved our day spent with Lu, Guney and his girlfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment