Unknown.
I've been thinking a lot about decisions lately and how much they impact our lives. Marriage is probably the biggest one - but I think your home and where it's located has got to be #2.
Where you live impacts everything about your life: how much it costs, the fun things you can do, your neighbors, the people you meet, the friends you make, how often you can travel home, or travel at all... each city will provide a completely different experience and will impact your life differently.
Right now, I'm looking for a job. And the toughest part is that I could get a job ANYWHERE. Yes I know, it should make it easy and it should make it exciting (which are both true) - but it's also stressful. Where do you go when you have the whole world to choose from? There are so many choices, it's overwhelming.
We've basically narrowed it down to east of the Mississippi River, but then again if I got my dream job in California, Arizona, Colorado or Texas...we'd totally go.
Which brings me to the point of - what is my dream job? I've gone through all those little aptitude tests, made lists of things I love to do, etc. But I have a feeling I wont really know my dream job until I find it. In my head I say I would die to work for Apple or Google or some really big-name, awesome brand. But would I really enjoy the actual work I do everyday? Or do I just want it because it sounds cool? Would I rather work for a small company, where everyone is my friend and I feel comfortable and love the work I do? Time will tell.
The current update is: The first job I applied to was an awesome job for a private jet airline. I didn't expect to hear back, but I did! They scheduled an interview on Monday in New York. I'm super excited about it - however I just researched apartments in the area and the average price is $1,500 A MONTH! Crazy.
I've also applied for several other jobs in Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Ohio. I've gotten a few call-backs and interviews but declined because they just didn't feel right.
Anyway, it will be fun to get my first, full-time, grown-up job, with benefits! Despite all the stress of where to go and what to do - I really am excited to advance my career, move to a new city, learn all about a new company, oh, and have a salary.
I just hope the decision we make is the right one.
I've been thinking a lot about decisions lately and how much they impact our lives. Marriage is probably the biggest one - but I think your home and where it's located has got to be #2.
Where you live impacts everything about your life: how much it costs, the fun things you can do, your neighbors, the people you meet, the friends you make, how often you can travel home, or travel at all... each city will provide a completely different experience and will impact your life differently.
Right now, I'm looking for a job. And the toughest part is that I could get a job ANYWHERE. Yes I know, it should make it easy and it should make it exciting (which are both true) - but it's also stressful. Where do you go when you have the whole world to choose from? There are so many choices, it's overwhelming.
We've basically narrowed it down to east of the Mississippi River, but then again if I got my dream job in California, Arizona, Colorado or Texas...we'd totally go.
Which brings me to the point of - what is my dream job? I've gone through all those little aptitude tests, made lists of things I love to do, etc. But I have a feeling I wont really know my dream job until I find it. In my head I say I would die to work for Apple or Google or some really big-name, awesome brand. But would I really enjoy the actual work I do everyday? Or do I just want it because it sounds cool? Would I rather work for a small company, where everyone is my friend and I feel comfortable and love the work I do? Time will tell.
The current update is: The first job I applied to was an awesome job for a private jet airline. I didn't expect to hear back, but I did! They scheduled an interview on Monday in New York. I'm super excited about it - however I just researched apartments in the area and the average price is $1,500 A MONTH! Crazy.
I've also applied for several other jobs in Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Ohio. I've gotten a few call-backs and interviews but declined because they just didn't feel right.
Anyway, it will be fun to get my first, full-time, grown-up job, with benefits! Despite all the stress of where to go and what to do - I really am excited to advance my career, move to a new city, learn all about a new company, oh, and have a salary.
I just hope the decision we make is the right one.
I love hearing about your life :) Wherever you are supposed to end up, you will know without a doubt. I'm glad you're happy and I love you! Miss you gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI have the same issue that you have - I can go anywhere, yet that doesn't narrow down any decisions. And which choice is best? Should I pick a job that's closer to family, or should I branch out on my own? Or should I save up money before getting a "real" job?
ReplyDeleteThere are no "right" or "wrong" decisions, I feel - I hope that's how you feel too! It's like, really, whatever you decide is what's going to happen and that doesn't make it right or wrong. :)
Although rent in the New York City and New York City Metro area is expensive it is WAY worth it. As you know New England is beautiful and there are really awesome places to visit on the weekends. (Also I know of a ward in the area with a massive amount of fun young couples ;-)
ReplyDeleteAt any rate good luck on your job search. What a scary/exciting time for you guys!!
Just so you know...
ReplyDeleteI love you :)