Tuesday, March 19, 2013

FAILING.

I might as well admit it... I've already failed at my New Year's Resolutions.

This year, I thought I would be super wise and create only one goal per month. Then I have less chance of failing because I only have to worry about one thing, for one month. So it should have been super easy, right?

Sadly, no. I still failed.

But I'm not giving up! That's the beauty about setting these monthly goals. Each month is a new beginning. Instead of failing for a whole year, I only fail for a month. Then I can start over.

Just in case you are curious, here is the list:

January:
Buy zero new clothes this month.
(Failed. Forgot and bought myself birthday scarves and a dress.)

February: Be on time to church EVERY Sunday.
(Failed. We were literally 15 seconds late. But that's still late.)

March: Accomplish one "life goal" this month.
(Hopefully I will meet this one! Planning on attending the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. at the end of this month!)

April: Plant something. 

May: Run a mile a day. 

June: Update my portfolio and resume. 

July: Write a poem. 

August: Watch one online tutorial per week. 

September: Revive my gymnast flexibility and do the splits. 

October: Donate 10 things to charity. 

November: Read one General Conference talk per day. 

December: Perform an anonymous act of kindness for someone in need.

I decided that maybe if I share this list with the world (aka: the 5 of you who actually read my blog)... then maybe I'll feel more obligated / motivated to succeed.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing.. maybe I will make a list for the rest of the year for myself! (Better late than never right?) (Ps I found your blog through Monica, and I read every post! Keep writing, I need motivation!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Reilly! You totally should! And thanks for commenting :) It's always nice knowing someone reads my blog! What's yours?

      Delete