My friend, Nikki tagged me! And I love fun little things like this. I know I've done them several times before, so I'll try not be repetitive. Here we go...
2. I love doing things that scare me. I'm deathly afraid of spiders, but at a retreat in 8th grade I volunteered to be the one who let a giant tarantula crawl on my face. I'm terrified of heights, but I forced myself to go skydiving on my 21st birthday. I've also forced myself to cliff jump way too many times, and once did a back-flip. It was intense...
I don't like being the center of attention, but often times I make myself volunteer in front of large crowds...like at my freshman orientation at Ohio State, I volunteered to be hypnotized. And it worked. And I did really embarrassing things. But I still felt like I accomplished something, which trumps fear every time.
3. I was the biggest Tom-Boy. I loved frogs, climbing trees, lightning bugs, baseball hats, and every sport. I played with my plastic lizard collection instead of Barbies. I hated pink, nail polish, and jewelry. I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 20 years old.
4. I love all things cheap! I honestly don't remember the last time I bought clothes, shoes or home decor that was full-price. Everything is either from a thrift store, garage sale, clearance rack, or purchased with a coupon.
5. I still eat like I'm in kindergarten. My most frequent choices are: mac n' cheese, grilled cheese, pb&j, pizza rolls, chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, ice cream, popsicles, and lucky charms.
6. I never paid one dollar for a college class (nor did my parents). My education was funded entirely by academic scholarships. Because I'm a nerd. (And I applied for every single scholarship I could find.)
7. I like a friendly prank every now and then. As young as 18-months-old, whenever I heard my dad's car coming up the driveway, I would run around and lock all the doors so he couldn't get inside... mostly just for the tickles and giggles.
8. I was known for two things by my elementary school teachers: I could beat them all in multiplication times tables and they predicted I would be a famous author one day. I loved writing poetry and short stories. (And it has always been my dream to write a children's book!)
9. I really, really love technology. (iPhone, computer, digital camera, TV, tech magazines, futuristic stuff like this amazing video, etc.) But I still believe nothing should replace Post-It notes, handwritten snail mail, and the feeling of scratching items off a To-Do list with a ballpoint pen.
10. Bad grammar is my pet peeve. While applying for jobs, I was offered a position, on the spot, for finding a grammatical error on the company's application. I'm not crazy anal, but it really bugs me when educated adults make really stupid spelling or grammar mistakes so frequently. 1. Proofread. 2. Learn your own language!! And yes, I'm one of those people who (silently) correct the spelling and/or grammar of others. Please feel free to correct me too! I'm not perfect and believe me, I want to know. [Except don't correct my over usage of ellipses, brackets and dashes. It's my blog style and I know it's not "grammatically correct," but I like using them to express myself.]
And now, just for kicks... please enjoy. (Compliments of Pinterest.)
11. I'm a really, really independent person. This has a big effect on my life. I'm very rarely "needy" or "clingy." I do think about my Husband when he's gone... but I probably miss him less than most wives would, because I enjoy being alone. If I wasn't married, I think I would be perfectly happy just living alone for the rest of my life. I prefer to do things myself. I usually don't even think to ask for help. I've always preferred to study by myself vs. in a group. I find it very difficult to learn from other people's mistakes. If Husband says he can't do something, I automatically have to try for myself before believing him. I probably won't ever "take your word for it." I HATE being controlled, or told what I can and cannot do. I will automatically do the opposite (almost) every time. This independence of mine is both a blessing and a curse.
1. What's your favorite book?
Everything by Dr. Seuss.
+ I love self-improvement books. My two all-time favorites are: Intuitive Eating and How One of You can Bring the Two of you Together
2. Where is your favorite place you've traveled?
Three-Way Tie between the Caribbean, Rio, Brazil, and Santorini, Greece
3. Favorite shoes?
Brown Reef Flip-Flops, Turquoise Nikes, or Gray Steve Madden Boots
4. If you could re-live one memory, what would it be?
I have two:
Graduating college with a 4.0.
6. Favorite movie?
Up!
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reality TV Shows & Dr. Pepper
8. If you could live anywhere in the U.S. - where would it be?
North or South Carolina
9. What's your favorite picture? Share it with us.
This is impossible. I have about a thousand favorite pictures (seriously)... but I really like this one from our wedding day. It was a total candid moment that my sister took on her little point-and-shoot camera. I feel like it captured us perfectly.
10. Fall or spring?
Fall. I love the combination of the fading warm summer sun, cool autumn air, boots, scarves, light jackets, bright-colored leaves, and college football.
11. Where is your dream vacation?
THAILAND!
1. Monica Rogers
2. Lucie Lee
3. Molly Gray
4. Chelsey Heidorn
5. Kristen Perschon
6. Megan Bowen
7. Amanda Frandsen
8. Sydney Curtis
9. Mandy Bell
10. Sarah Carr
11. & anyone else who wants to join in!
1. Where is your happy place?
2. What song can you listen to on repeat and never get sick of?
3. Where is your dream vacation?
4. How would you spend $1,000 if you had to, right now?
5. What's your favorite quote?
6. What's one thing you love about yourself?
7. How do you spend your free time?
8. What's something new you want to learn how to do?
9. What's your favorite season?
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
11. If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
RULES:
A. List 11 things about yourself
B. Answer the questions the nominee created for you
C. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate
D. Create 11 questions for them (or use the previous questions)
C. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate
D. Create 11 questions for them (or use the previous questions)
A.
1. I studied German for 7 years. Unfortunately, I'm still not fluent. But I like to pretend I am.2. I love doing things that scare me. I'm deathly afraid of spiders, but at a retreat in 8th grade I volunteered to be the one who let a giant tarantula crawl on my face. I'm terrified of heights, but I forced myself to go skydiving on my 21st birthday. I've also forced myself to cliff jump way too many times, and once did a back-flip. It was intense...
I don't like being the center of attention, but often times I make myself volunteer in front of large crowds...like at my freshman orientation at Ohio State, I volunteered to be hypnotized. And it worked. And I did really embarrassing things. But I still felt like I accomplished something, which trumps fear every time.
3. I was the biggest Tom-Boy. I loved frogs, climbing trees, lightning bugs, baseball hats, and every sport. I played with my plastic lizard collection instead of Barbies. I hated pink, nail polish, and jewelry. I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 20 years old.
4. I love all things cheap! I honestly don't remember the last time I bought clothes, shoes or home decor that was full-price. Everything is either from a thrift store, garage sale, clearance rack, or purchased with a coupon.
5. I still eat like I'm in kindergarten. My most frequent choices are: mac n' cheese, grilled cheese, pb&j, pizza rolls, chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, ice cream, popsicles, and lucky charms.
6. I never paid one dollar for a college class (nor did my parents). My education was funded entirely by academic scholarships. Because I'm a nerd. (And I applied for every single scholarship I could find.)
7. I like a friendly prank every now and then. As young as 18-months-old, whenever I heard my dad's car coming up the driveway, I would run around and lock all the doors so he couldn't get inside... mostly just for the tickles and giggles.
8. I was known for two things by my elementary school teachers: I could beat them all in multiplication times tables and they predicted I would be a famous author one day. I loved writing poetry and short stories. (And it has always been my dream to write a children's book!)
9. I really, really love technology. (iPhone, computer, digital camera, TV, tech magazines, futuristic stuff like this amazing video, etc.) But I still believe nothing should replace Post-It notes, handwritten snail mail, and the feeling of scratching items off a To-Do list with a ballpoint pen.
10. Bad grammar is my pet peeve. While applying for jobs, I was offered a position, on the spot, for finding a grammatical error on the company's application. I'm not crazy anal, but it really bugs me when educated adults make really stupid spelling or grammar mistakes so frequently. 1. Proofread. 2. Learn your own language!! And yes, I'm one of those people who (silently) correct the spelling and/or grammar of others. Please feel free to correct me too! I'm not perfect and believe me, I want to know. [Except don't correct my over usage of ellipses, brackets and dashes. It's my blog style and I know it's not "grammatically correct," but I like using them to express myself.]
And now, just for kicks... please enjoy. (Compliments of Pinterest.)
11. I'm a really, really independent person. This has a big effect on my life. I'm very rarely "needy" or "clingy." I do think about my Husband when he's gone... but I probably miss him less than most wives would, because I enjoy being alone. If I wasn't married, I think I would be perfectly happy just living alone for the rest of my life. I prefer to do things myself. I usually don't even think to ask for help. I've always preferred to study by myself vs. in a group. I find it very difficult to learn from other people's mistakes. If Husband says he can't do something, I automatically have to try for myself before believing him. I probably won't ever "take your word for it." I HATE being controlled, or told what I can and cannot do. I will automatically do the opposite (almost) every time. This independence of mine is both a blessing and a curse.
B.
1. What's your favorite book?
Everything by Dr. Seuss.
+ I love self-improvement books. My two all-time favorites are: Intuitive Eating and How One of You can Bring the Two of you Together
2. Where is your favorite place you've traveled?
Three-Way Tie between the Caribbean, Rio, Brazil, and Santorini, Greece
3. Favorite shoes?
Brown Reef Flip-Flops, Turquoise Nikes, or Gray Steve Madden Boots
4. If you could re-live one memory, what would it be?
I have two:
- First semester at Utah State: When I met and fell in love with my husband.
- Senior year of high school. I would do it a lot differently.
Graduating college with a 4.0.
6. Favorite movie?
Up!
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reality TV Shows & Dr. Pepper
8. If you could live anywhere in the U.S. - where would it be?
North or South Carolina
9. What's your favorite picture? Share it with us.
This is impossible. I have about a thousand favorite pictures (seriously)... but I really like this one from our wedding day. It was a total candid moment that my sister took on her little point-and-shoot camera. I feel like it captured us perfectly.
10. Fall or spring?
Fall. I love the combination of the fading warm summer sun, cool autumn air, boots, scarves, light jackets, bright-colored leaves, and college football.
11. Where is your dream vacation?
THAILAND!
C.
I tag...1. Monica Rogers
2. Lucie Lee
3. Molly Gray
4. Chelsey Heidorn
5. Kristen Perschon
6. Megan Bowen
7. Amanda Frandsen
8. Sydney Curtis
9. Mandy Bell
10. Sarah Carr
11. & anyone else who wants to join in!
D.
Your Questions:1. Where is your happy place?
2. What song can you listen to on repeat and never get sick of?
3. Where is your dream vacation?
4. How would you spend $1,000 if you had to, right now?
5. What's your favorite quote?
6. What's one thing you love about yourself?
7. How do you spend your free time?
8. What's something new you want to learn how to do?
9. What's your favorite season?
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
11. If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?





I love this!! I'm with you on so many I stopped counting! Especially number 11. Being independent. OH and eating like you're in kindergarten. Mac n Cheese for life!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to do this!
hahah YES!! I'm thinking we need to meet up someday! And I'm excited to read yours!
DeleteLove it! I'm right there with you on the bad grammar! Get it right, people! Glad you participated :)
ReplyDeleteok, saw your post on facebook and decided your my girl crush even more. I tell everyone I am moving to North Carolina, and I have never even been there, just positive it is where I want to live. Also, I have ALWAYS wanted to illustrate for a children's book-so you write, I'll draw! AND Santorini is my favorite place AND let me know if you have questions about Thailand-I will give you the skinny! p.s. you made me super nervous about my grammar now! haha
ReplyDeleteAh! No way!! Maybe someday we will live in North Carolina together!! :) I've always wanted to live there, plus watching Safe Haven just made me want to even more. And we are so similar! I will definitely be asking you a million questions about Thailand (someday when we go). Also, I'm sure I have grammar errors all the time! hahah so don't fret. It happens to all of us. The people that bug me are the ones who misuse your/you're, their/they're/there, and to/two/too multiple times...on a daily basis. So I'm sure you are fine! :)
Delete