I was at work and super stressed because I was getting off late and we were having guests over that night for dinner. I wanted to make something super yummy, homemade, and gourmet. I wanted our guests to think I was a superstar housewife that could cook a scrumptious meal. But the clock reminded me that there was definitely not enough time. I asked husband if he could possibly make dinner, but unfortunately we was also at work. Looks like a Stouffer's lasagna and some Texas toast.
As I fumbled my keys to get into my car, this note caught my eye...
"Go straight home! Just trust me. :) Love, Christopher"
Intrigued and grinning uncontrollably, I couldn't wait to get home. (Although, I was still a little nervous about skipping my grocery store run for the frozen lasagna.)
When I got to the garage door, I found this: "Go in, check the fridge, you'll know what to do. Then when the time comes, move onto the stove."
Inside of the fridge I found this... yummy, freshly breaded and seasoned chicken breasts with instructions to "Bake at 350 degrees for one hour!"

Then when I walked over to the counter, I found this: "I can only help you so much :), it's up to you to decide on the veggies and fruits. Oh P.S. I did help w/ dessert though. Check the freezer, I hope you like it!!"
And lastly, this little note on the kitchen table... "As for the table, I didn't want to take away from your joy in picking out all the different colors!" (& he's totally right! I'm a little obsessive with my FiestaWare color schemes.)
The dinner was a smashing success. Our guests LOVED the meal and kept on saying how tasty it was.I happily took the credit. It was such a simple thing, making chicken and getting everything ready and organized... but it meant the world to me. It's nights like this I am reminded how much I really love my husband! He thought of this idea all on his own: coming to my work, creating a trail of directions, AND preparing the meal. This is something I will always remember and treasure.
Oh, and just in case you wanted to see my color selection for the meal: I chose tangerine, aqua blue & bright yellow... cheerful, and so, so, so happy! Just the way I felt :)
As I fumbled my keys to get into my car, this note caught my eye...
"Go straight home! Just trust me. :) Love, Christopher"
Intrigued and grinning uncontrollably, I couldn't wait to get home. (Although, I was still a little nervous about skipping my grocery store run for the frozen lasagna.)
When I got to the garage door, I found this: "Go in, check the fridge, you'll know what to do. Then when the time comes, move onto the stove."
Inside of the fridge I found this... yummy, freshly breaded and seasoned chicken breasts with instructions to "Bake at 350 degrees for one hour!"
Then when I walked over to the counter, I found this: "I can only help you so much :), it's up to you to decide on the veggies and fruits. Oh P.S. I did help w/ dessert though. Check the freezer, I hope you like it!!"
The dinner was a smashing success. Our guests LOVED the meal and kept on saying how tasty it was.
Oh, and just in case you wanted to see my color selection for the meal: I chose tangerine, aqua blue & bright yellow... cheerful, and so, so, so happy! Just the way I felt :)
Awww what a keeper! That's the sweetest thing. I love it.
ReplyDeleteOkay this is the cutest thing I have EVER seen!! I wanted to tear up!!
ReplyDelete