Monday, June 10, 2013

Case of the Missing Lipstick

I LOVE Victoria's Secret Lip Sheen Glossy Tint in RED.

I bought it for myself for my birthday this year with my free $10 b-day giftcard from VS. It's perfect because it's just enough color, but not too much. And doesn't get dried out or crumbly like some of the others I've tried.

But recently... it went missing.

I HATE when my favorite things are missing. It really bothers me. I get really determined and will flip the house upside down for hours until I find it.

So that's exactly what happened.

I clearly remembered seeing it in my white purse just a few days ago. I have only been using one purse, so I knew it HAD to be in there.

{Husband and I always joke that my purse "eats" things.}

So I removed every last bobby pin, receipt, penny, Olive Garden mint, and sticky note. No luck. I even shook my purse upside down! Despite my violent rattling... still no lipstick.

I was getting really frustrated.

I had searched the bathroom, bedroom, office, living room, car, garage...literally EVERYWHERE.

Then as I was setting my purse down, I did one last TSA grope to the bottom. That's when I felt something.

No, not the shape of lipstick, but the shape of a small iPod NANO! No way! I had been missing my little iPod for months and thought someone stole it at the Y.

But wait... this doesn't make sense. I had checked ALL the zipper pockets, side pouches and shook my purse upside down... was I delusional?

I did another grope on the inside and sure enough, I felt the unmistakable shape and size of my iPod through the lining. I felt around inside a little bit more until I realized what was going on.

My purse literally ATE my iPod. I found a small 2-inch hole in the upper corner of the lining inside the zipper pocket that lead down to the "belly" of my purse. By tearing the hole a little bigger, I fished out my iPod and {drumroll}... I also found my beloved VS lipstick!! + about 5 Euros and a ballpoint pen. JACKPOT!



Husband witnessed the whole thing from the couch.

We had a pretty good laugh.

Then he said... "Now THIS is a story you should blog about!"

haha, so the case of the missing lipstick is now CLOSED! Mystery solved! I am one happy girl.

And I will never trust a purse again. 

3 comments:

  1. This has happened to me! When I was in Hong Kong I took a really cheap purse because I didn't want any nice ones to get stolen and it ripped after like 3 weeks of caring my ipad and various other things to work and back and one day it ate my phone! I'm so glad someone else has experienced this so that I didn't think I was crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, no - you're definitely not crazy! My purse must be cheap too.. I think I need to invest in a nicer one!

      Delete
  2. This has happened to me too!! Ha ha it's so frustrating. And I agree with you, I HATE when I loose things that I like. Last week I went to the pool, took my wedding ring off to put sunscreen on Ezra, went back to the water and...where did my ring go?? I searched for it for probably 30 minutes, knowing that it HAD to be on my towel or something and I couldn't find it, despite emptying my beach bag 15 + times. Finally found it later a few feet away from where I was sitting. I think I am going crazy sometimes. I shook off my towel and my ring just go thrown over there. Geez, where is my brain? lol. So anyways, all that yo say that I know how you feel and probably how you felt once you found it :)

    ReplyDelete