Baby boy and I have felt SO loved from all our friends and family. We were lucky enough to have 3 showers!
This post is a tribute to all of these great women for their kindness, generosity and love. We are so grateful!
The first shower was hosted by the Denison football coach's wives in Newark (Haley, Katie & Emily), and some of my best friends from high school, Jaimie & Heidi, came too :) We were few... but it was fun! They are all so sweet.
Our second shower was hosted by my sisters and mom in Amherst. Lots of people helped, but it was mostly planned by my sister, Monica.
I sure love my family!! Guests included my grandma, mom, sisters, sisters-in-law, and nieces. Plus my mother-in-law traveled all the way from Connecticut to be there! So sweet. It was a really fun day :)
The theme was "forest friends" which is just like baby boy's nursery! I was pretty excited. How cute are these decorations?
And check out this gourmet fruit display. YUM. Plus, there's a fruit baby in there!
Also, I have to give a mini infomercial on the stroller I received. It's the Graco Modes Click Connect and it's AMAZING. I haven't really used it yet (obviously) but if you're in the market for a stroller, here's a little video. I got the all black one because I'm more of a plain/neutral person. (It's exclusively at Babies R Us.) I love it because it's super light-weight, easy to fold-up, and it transforms into three different types of strollers (infant carseat carrier, infant stroller & toddler stroller.) Plus, the style reminds me of the high-end ones that are $1,000+. (Did you know they made strollers that expensive?!) Might be worth it if they pumped breast milk and changed diapers. But anyway... love my stroller and can't wait to use it!
The third shower was hosted by my church friends in Granville. I was excited because I got to spend time with some old friends that we haven't seen since we moved from Heath. It was great!
My friend, Kim, traveled all the way from Dayton to be there! We've been friends since we met at Girl's Camp when we were 12.
And my friend Melissa is pregnant too and due a week after me! Doesn't she look great?! She's having a little girl. We won't force the marriage thing. But our babies will be friends, for sure :)
Thanks so much to everyone for showering us with love!! We really appreciate all the wonderful gifts and feel so grateful to have so many wonderful people in our life. (And to all those who couldn't make it, but thought of us... we love you too!)




No comments:
Post a Comment