It's been the two of us for the past SIX years. This Valentine's Day was our 6th "dating" anniversary (& July will be our 6th wedding anniversary.)
We're used to "us."
We're used to unlimited date nights, sleeping in, and going wherever we want all the time.
This baby thing is going to be a BIG change.
Don't take this the wrong way, we are SO excited and ready for him. But part of me is starting to feel a little sad that it will never be "just the two of us" anymore. I know a baby can bring you closer together, but I also know that it will cause a lot of disagreements, challenges, and for lack of a better word... "captivity."
So we are treasuring our last moments of freedom...
I took Husband to Skyline Chili for his first time. (They make it a really big deal for "Skyline virgins." It's so fun!)
We spent an evening acting like kids at Scene75 Entertainment Center - complete with black-light mini golf, skee ball, basketball, duck-pin bowling, Deal or No Deal... and then we spent all our tickets on candy.
We planned some of our outings around baby - like when we picked out his first stuffed animal:
And we found some awesome deals at a local consignment sale for gently used kids items. We were able to check a lot of things off our list for super cheap!
Husband took me to a Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game where they went into double overtime! I'm not usually a hockey fan, but it was really fun! And we joked about how this is the only Ohio sports team he will voluntarily support. hah, funny but true. They ended up losing in a shoot-out which was sad... but overall it was a really exciting game! (Although I quickly realized that baby boy hated it... the arena was pretty loud + they shot off a giant canon whenever CBJ scored a goal and that made him totally spaz out. I felt bad! Sorry, baby!)
I took Husband to Thurman's Cafe, a semi-famous local restaurant that was on the show Man vs. Food. We ordered the famous entree, the Thurmanator. It was tasty... and ginormous!
Husband bought me a mani-pedi! (I had asked him to paint my toes since that's a little difficult these days... but he did this instead. Works for me!) It felt divine.
Most recently, we went to the Aladdin Shrine Circus. It was disappointing because it wasn't nearly as good as last year... but I got to see an elephant and white tiger up-close, so that was almost worth the $8.
We are treasuring these last moments as a couple.
It probably sounds like I think our lives are over, which is definitely not the case. I know once little boy arrives, we will still have date nights and still make time for "us." It will just be a more difficult and less frequent.
But although things will be different, I am ready for the change! I can't wait to watch Husband fall in love with his baby boy. I am excited to see my son learn and grow. It will be fun to experience life in a new way... through the eyes of a child.
Husband and I have created so many great memories together over the past 6 years. And I know there will be even more to come. We will just have another little person to share our life with! Soon it will be the three of us... a little family of our own. And I will treasure that too.
We're used to "us."
We're used to unlimited date nights, sleeping in, and going wherever we want all the time.
This baby thing is going to be a BIG change.
Don't take this the wrong way, we are SO excited and ready for him. But part of me is starting to feel a little sad that it will never be "just the two of us" anymore. I know a baby can bring you closer together, but I also know that it will cause a lot of disagreements, challenges, and for lack of a better word... "captivity."
So we are treasuring our last moments of freedom...
I took Husband to Skyline Chili for his first time. (They make it a really big deal for "Skyline virgins." It's so fun!)
We spent an evening acting like kids at Scene75 Entertainment Center - complete with black-light mini golf, skee ball, basketball, duck-pin bowling, Deal or No Deal... and then we spent all our tickets on candy.
We planned some of our outings around baby - like when we picked out his first stuffed animal:
And we found some awesome deals at a local consignment sale for gently used kids items. We were able to check a lot of things off our list for super cheap!
Husband took me to a Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game where they went into double overtime! I'm not usually a hockey fan, but it was really fun! And we joked about how this is the only Ohio sports team he will voluntarily support. hah, funny but true. They ended up losing in a shoot-out which was sad... but overall it was a really exciting game! (Although I quickly realized that baby boy hated it... the arena was pretty loud + they shot off a giant canon whenever CBJ scored a goal and that made him totally spaz out. I felt bad! Sorry, baby!)
I took Husband to Thurman's Cafe, a semi-famous local restaurant that was on the show Man vs. Food. We ordered the famous entree, the Thurmanator. It was tasty... and ginormous!
Husband bought me a mani-pedi! (I had asked him to paint my toes since that's a little difficult these days... but he did this instead. Works for me!) It felt divine.
Most recently, we went to the Aladdin Shrine Circus. It was disappointing because it wasn't nearly as good as last year... but I got to see an elephant and white tiger up-close, so that was almost worth the $8.
We are treasuring these last moments as a couple.
It probably sounds like I think our lives are over, which is definitely not the case. I know once little boy arrives, we will still have date nights and still make time for "us." It will just be a more difficult and less frequent.
But although things will be different, I am ready for the change! I can't wait to watch Husband fall in love with his baby boy. I am excited to see my son learn and grow. It will be fun to experience life in a new way... through the eyes of a child.
Husband and I have created so many great memories together over the past 6 years. And I know there will be even more to come. We will just have another little person to share our life with! Soon it will be the three of us... a little family of our own. And I will treasure that too.
No comments:
Post a Comment