Pretty much everything they say is true. Your second pregnancy is so much different than your first! With Calvin, I took photos with my professional camera every 2 weeks, documented my belly and was always checking to see what size fruit he was. Baby girl got three iPhone photos, one in each trimester. We also bought a house, which we decided to completely gut and remodel. It was a tremendous amount of work, manual labor, and physically exhausted me to the max every single day. From painting, to assembling kitchen cabinets, to lifting heavy objects... there wasn't much I didn't do. There were some days I honestly forgot I was pregnant until I felt her kick or roll around. She was definitely a mover, so it was comforting to know she was still ok! At times I felt bad that I wasn't more invested in her, and around the 36-week mark things started to get real. It hit me that she wasn't just a big bump that got in the way... she was a real human that would become the fourth member of our family, SOON! At this point I realized I was so NOT ready. I knew we wouldn't have time to get her nursery setup, but I figured I should probably at least make sure she had enough clothes, diapers, and of course... headbands! I love my baby boy, but girl stuff is so much fun! Since we were so busy with house stuff, we never seemed to have time to take maternity photos. I knew I wanted to because Calvin was SO in love with my belly and I had to capture it. He would squeal and point to my belly button every time he saw it and loved giving it hugs and kisses. He really is the sweetest little boy. Luckily we had a beautiful evening and at 37-weeks pregnant, we finally made time to get dressed up and take them. And I'm so glad we did! I love how they capture Calvin's personality. These are some of my favorite pictures we've ever taken. Sometimes a camera and a tripod are pretty amazing.
Even though it may not seem like it... we DO love you baby girl and are all so excited to meet you!!























No comments:
Post a Comment