Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The beginning...


So I actually made our first blog on Wordpress yesterday and then realized like everyone I know uses Blogger so... of course I conformed =] But here is my first post from our other blog:

This is the first post of our blog as a couple. I’m not sure why I didn’t start one of these sooner… but I guess for awhile facebook was like my blog- but now I’m transfering over to this =] Today is my half birthday. I am 6 months from being 21! That seems old to me- but at the same time, I can’t believe I have been married for almost a year! Chris is at work and I am just about to mail our last Thank You note from our wedding.

We have had a lot of fun here in Connecticut over the past few weeks. We have played tennis, seen way too many movies (thanks to Keasha working at AMC), taken a trip to Gillette Castle in East Haddam, CT and then swung by Devil’s Hopyard Park to play by the waterfalls where we found a cute little frog. We went to a mini art exhibit, where I thought the paintings and photographs were WAY over-priced. We’ve been on a picnic, looked at cute little puppies and also had some fun organizing, cleaning, painting and decorating our cute little pool house/ apartment.

I’ve been going on jogs- getting ready for my Half Marathon. Originally it was going to be a full marathon…but I decided to pace myself because I’ve never really been a dedicated, avid long-distance runner. So we will see how this one goes. My only previous experience was a 5K which I was doing pretty well in…until I thought I spotted the finish line like 100 yards away so I broke into a dead sprint and then to my dismay realized I had about 600 yards to go. (definitely felt pretty silly after passing like 10 people…and then watching them ALL pass me back as I panted across the line) haha but I’m hoping for better pacing this time.

Chris is working at Bethel Health Care (an assisted living home) and I start my job at Goodwill on Thursday. I also had an interview for Edible Arrangements (a business that makes bouquets out of fruit!) I am hoping to be able to work both jobs part-time, but we will see!

We are planning to drive the hecka-long journey back out to Utah at the end of July (or as soon as our housing at Hanbury Manor opens up). I am excited to get back to Logan to see my friends. I love that place. I also love school. I am a total nerd for college because I love all my classes and projects- public relations is just made for me I guess =] As for Chris, he doesn’t really like school so much, but he does enjoy his medical-related classes (which is good because he has long road ahead for Medical School!) We are starting to research where he wants to apply- of course, I always remind him of options in Ohio =] but we will see what works out the best for us.

And I had to put this picture of Chris and I on here because although he doesn’t play for Utah State anymore… he will always be a football player to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment