Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!



On this Fathers Day I don't get to see my dad- but we are glad that we get to spend it with family! Chris and I made his dad a "fathers music mix" with all our favorite dad/family country songs. We also made him a card and gave him Reeses, his favorite candy. I sent my dad a card and also got to talk to him today. I am also working on a surprise for him that I know he will love!

We are both very lucky to have such amazing, supportive fathers who love and care about us so much. I know that they would do anything they can to helps us and have always been there for advice and guidance. We definitely would not be the people we are today without our fathers.

Specifically for me- my dad has always taught me the value of hard work and education. My dad is one of the most intelligent people I know, especially when it comes to growing hydroponic lettuce =] He has also taught me the importance of eating healthy foods, exercising regularly and making the best homemade popcorn. I know that the habits I've learned will definitely help me in years to come! (And I'm pretty sure he learned from the best because my grandma is over 90 years old and still going strong) I love my daddy so much and am so grateful for all he has done for me and everything he has taught me.

I'm also glad I have Christopher who will be the future father of my children! This Fathers Day doesn't seem like that big of a deal - but I know that someday when we do have kids, we will truly know the meaning of why mothers and fathers get their own holiday =]

No comments:

Post a Comment