Tuesday, October 26, 2010

When I grow up...

Fill in the blank. "When I grow up I want to be a___________________."

I've answered this question many times throughout my life. I've gone through quite a few phases.
  • Mom (when playing "house")
  • Teacher (when playing "school)
  • Killer whale trainer (after visiting Sea World)
  • Inventor (this was a long phase... I was sure I could win a nobel prize)
  • Author (this was my longest phase and I wrote many, many books and poems)
  • News anchor (after I took a career test which said I'd be good at it)
  • Actress (while watching Lizzie McGuire on the Disney Channel)
  • Model....which brings me to the point of my post.
From about age...14-17 all I wanted to be was a model. I actually went to a modeling school called Barbizon, which fueled my desire even more. Despite the fact that most models are taller than 5'9 and weigh less than 115 pounds, I still thought that I could move to LA and become a famous model. It was only dream, and my mom hated it. She obviously wanted me to go to college, get married and have a family. I disagreed and thought modeling was my destiny. haha, oh the days of being a teenager. I even considered running away a few times, but never long enough to actually plan it out.

Anyways, I eventually grew out of this stage... or more likely was hit by reality in that I will never be a famous model. I definitely don't have the body type, and it's not the lifestyle I desire anymore. But the reasoning behind this post, is I recently had the opportunity to model for iFrogz, a headphone/accessory company. It was really fun and the pictures turned out really cool. I also had a mini modeling shoot to send pictures for an newspaper advertisement for my orthodontist. and somehow fulfilled that childhood dream of mine to be a model. Here's a slideshow of my favorite shots (Chris even did some modeling too):

1 comment: