Monday, February 21, 2011

If you love free music...

I want to start listening to more variety of music. I already listen to a lot of genres, but lately I've just been listening to all the old stuff on my iPod and believe me, it's getting old. 

When I download music, I usually use iTunes or Amazon... but I'm always hesitant because $1 per song adds up FAST! So I found the perfect solution: my friend Amy showed me a website called SoundIke.com. They only charge $0.15 for every song (regardless of the release date) and if you buy the whole album you get 20% off which means albums are like $1-$2. That sure beats $10-$15 for an album!

But that's not all if you buy a $30 credit, you get $10 (66 songs) free and if you buy a $50 credit, you get $35 (233 songs) free! Yes, FREE music!!

You may be wondering how this is possible, while still being legal. But I did some research and this site is legit. They have a valid licensing agreement but since they are based outside of the U.S., they don't have the same restrictions for song prices.

Some things to note: when previewing a song, the quality is a little poor. But all my downloads so far have been great and I haven't noticed them to be of any less quality than iTunes or Amazon. But if you are hesitant, then sign up (it's free to register) and they give you a $0.30 credit for free so you can download 2 songs and listen to make sure you approve of the quality. Also I'm not sure if they have EVERY song you may want. I don't think they always have the newest of new releases instantly but they do have a huge selection ranging from Adele, to Ke$ha, to the Country Strong Soundtrack, to Onerepublic, to Lady Antebellum, to Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Miranda Lambert and Justin Bieber. (Just a few I've been downloading recently)

I'm so excited about this and wanted to share this great tip!! I've been on a downloading frenzy. So if you have some great music to share with me, please do. I'll probably be posting a Top 20 playlist of current favorites soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I will definitly look into it! I am looking forward to your top 20 list! :)

    ReplyDelete