Sunday, November 13, 2011

Strange.

I think there is something wrong with me. 


Instead of dreaming about this...

and this...

...I've been dreaming about this: 



Okay... so maybe it's not that strange for a girl who has been married for almost 3.5 years to dream about having a baby - but it's weird for me. Normally my thoughts are consumed by traveling to distant lands, my new career, or saving up to buy a fun "toy." 
 
Thinking about having a child scares me. Not the actual birthing part - not the part about having stretch marks or getting fat - not the dirty diapers or the part about having to care for kids all day long, I've been an aunt since I was born, I love kids... it's the actual raising part that scares me. It's the fact that I'm creating a person who will grow into an adult and make choices. Will I know how to teach them, how to discipline them, how to "raise them right"?
No, I'm not pregnant. 

But I have babies on my mind. And it scares me.

3 comments:

  1. Raising a child is scary, but it's so fulfilling; beyond anything you could ever imagine. Caiden makes me feel beautiful, special, and closer to heaven on a daily basis. You will NEVER regret having a baby. Your momma instincts will kick in and you'll figure out how to raise them right, plus you have great examples all around you (your mom and Miriam!) You will be a great momma! And your babies will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it makes me scared too, but I want it so bad!! and the part that freaks me out the most is the birth and labor part :) congrats on winning the pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids will be lucky, cuz they'll have you for a mom.... you won't have any problems raising them. How do I know this? 1. Because i know you and your heart and 2. Because you are concerned about it and therefore will seek to do your best - and that's all you can really expect anyways :)

    I love you nati! And it makes me happy to know you are dreaming about sweet little babies :)

    ReplyDelete