Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How I Got My Black Friday Desires for FREE!

This year, I'm very proud of my Black Friday shopping because I basically got everything I wanted for FREE! And I think it's awesome, so I want to share how I did it.

If you want the quick version:

1. Intensive Black Friday deal research

2. Making friends in line and getting an extra $10 off coupon + an extra 15% off coupon

3. Mail-In Rebates

4. Buy & Re-sell




List of things I got for FREE:
  • Xbox Kinect with 3 Games ($200)
  • Farberware Stainless Steel 25-pc Knife Set ($99)
  • 18-pc Lock & Store Container Set ($35)
  • Presto Electric Griddle ($40)
  • Bella Waffle Maker ($40)
  • Corningware Bake Set ($65)
Grand Total: $479 worth of merchandise for... FREE!





If you want the detailed explanation:  

I checked the Kohl's Black Friday ad for all the doorbusters and deals that I was interested in. I arrived 4 hours before the store opened to ensure I would be the first in line and get all the deals I wanted. While standing in line, I made friends with the crazy ladies around me who were kind enough to give me some extra coupons that saved me $35.

But the real kicker was the MAIL-IN REBATES. The products were already discounted like crazy and on top of that, they also gave me mail-in rebates which made the products free or in some cases gave me more money than I spent. So when it all equaled out, Kohl's paid me to shop! I couldn't believe it so we called the rebate center and they confirmed... it really was true!


While I was being a crazy coupon shopper at Kohl's, my husband was freezing in line at Best Buy. They had a way good deal on a Kinect Bundle ($99) and also XBOX 360s, 250GB ($200 for a bundle that's normally $300). However, we already have an XBOX so you may wonder why he also waited in line for 4 hours. The answer is: RESELLING. We invested in a few units and sold them for an average of $270 each. So with our profit we covered the cost of our new Kinect bundle!! (plus some XBOX Live gift cards for my cute gamer husband). 

Now we can dance around, play sports and look like these crazy kids...


Oh how I love Black Friday. Next time someone calls me crazy for waiting in line and staying up late - I will call them crazy for missing out on all the awesome FREE stuff!

2 comments: