It's official.
I'm going to be running the Warrior Dash in June (hopefully) with my sister. So if you're reading this Moni... the pressure is ON! :)
This means I have to say goodbye to my lazy, couch potato ways...and actually start exercising! Part of me says "Blah." I just want to get home from work, eat, browse Pinterest and play Donkey Kong. But then part of me says "WAHOO," I can't wait to sweat, feel the burning sore muscles and relieve some stress. Let's just hope the Wahoo can eventually take over all the Blah.
The course is SUPER awesome and I'm really excited. It's a 3.5 mile run with a CRAZY obstacle course including:
Plus...all the proceeds go to help St. Jude's!
My goal is to finish in under 28 minutes. This should be a challenge seeing as my fastest 5K ever is 26 minutes... on an easy course.
I'm not really sure how to train for something like this. So I hired my very capable Exercise Science graduate husband. Currently he has me doing interval runs, calisthenics, and lifting weights. Don't be impressed. I can barely run for 20 minutes straight. And last time when I sprinted full-speed on the treadmill for 1 minute, I almost had an asthma attack. He was very disappointed. Especially since I don't have asthma.
Haha, needless to say... I have a long ways to go. Here's to more water, vegetables, protein, whole grains and fruit smoothies!
I'm going to be running the Warrior Dash in June (hopefully) with my sister. So if you're reading this Moni... the pressure is ON! :)
This means I have to say goodbye to my lazy, couch potato ways...and actually start exercising! Part of me says "Blah." I just want to get home from work, eat, browse Pinterest and play Donkey Kong. But then part of me says "WAHOO," I can't wait to sweat, feel the burning sore muscles and relieve some stress. Let's just hope the Wahoo can eventually take over all the Blah.
The course is SUPER awesome and I'm really excited. It's a 3.5 mile run with a CRAZY obstacle course including:
- Satan's Steps
- Scrap Yard
- Giant Hurdle
- Waist Deep Water w/ Logs
- Rubber Jungle
- Giant Arch
- Rope Wall
- Cargo Net Climb
- Cliff Climb
- Waterfall Climb
- Fire Leaping
- Muddy Barbed Wire Crawl
Plus...all the proceeds go to help St. Jude's!
My goal is to finish in under 28 minutes. This should be a challenge seeing as my fastest 5K ever is 26 minutes... on an easy course.
I'm not really sure how to train for something like this. So I hired my very capable Exercise Science graduate husband. Currently he has me doing interval runs, calisthenics, and lifting weights. Don't be impressed. I can barely run for 20 minutes straight. And last time when I sprinted full-speed on the treadmill for 1 minute, I almost had an asthma attack. He was very disappointed. Especially since I don't have asthma.
Haha, needless to say... I have a long ways to go. Here's to more water, vegetables, protein, whole grains and fruit smoothies!


Miles and I ran the Warrior Dash at Windham Resort in New York last August. It was pretty awesome! The obstacles are a lot of fun and break up the monotonous 5k nicely. Going down hill was worse than going up on my knees and it was such bumpy terrain. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny, my friend and I are also doing the warrior dash. we were going to do the one in June, but then decided to do the one in August, cause it is closer to us. You will have to let me know what you think. We are super excited to do this race.
ReplyDeleteHaha :) I can totally relate! and who knows, I might end up doing it after all!
ReplyDelete