If you know me well... then you also know that there is no place in the world I'd rather be than the beach! So when we took a trip to D.C. (which is less than 3 hours from the ocean) I knew we had to spend at least one day in Ocean City, Maryland. And it was such a perfect day!
I bought a new patriotic towel so I could feel extra festive and we spent a few hours with our toes in the sand, swimming through the crashing waves, and smelling the sweet, breezy, salty air. Ahhh... I miss it already!
There was even a beautiful kit festival! But despite the big holiday week, the beach actually wasn't too crowded. Just enough for interesting people watching, but not so many that it's overwhelming.
And of course, since our best buddy David was with us, we had an awesome photo shoot. Please enjoy... :)
And lastly to end our pleasant beach day, we stopped by the local casino and signed up for the "Player's Card." Now before you label me as a "gambler" please note that we did not spend any of our own money. Often times when you sign up for a player's card they give you FREE money to use in the slot machines, hoping that you'll get addicted and spend more of your own. But we're smarter than that. We each only used the allotted $10 and cashed out any time that we made money. Christopher got extra lucky and hit a bonus winning him a total of $30! David won $15 and I won $5 (haha, exactly the reason I don't gamble, I have the worst luck!) But it was still fun because we all walked away with some free money to pay for our dinner that night.
I bought a new patriotic towel so I could feel extra festive and we spent a few hours with our toes in the sand, swimming through the crashing waves, and smelling the sweet, breezy, salty air. Ahhh... I miss it already!
We also took a walk down the boardwalk and found tons of yummy food stands and fun arcade games. One of them was a macho manly game to see how many pounds you can punch. Christopher is always making fun of me because I'm embarrassingly bad at punching... but according to this game I can punch 100 pounds! That's good... right? (About 90 pounds less than the boys, but let's keep that part a secret).
There was even a beautiful kit festival! But despite the big holiday week, the beach actually wasn't too crowded. Just enough for interesting people watching, but not so many that it's overwhelming.
And of course, since our best buddy David was with us, we had an awesome photo shoot. Please enjoy... :)
And lastly to end our pleasant beach day, we stopped by the local casino and signed up for the "Player's Card." Now before you label me as a "gambler" please note that we did not spend any of our own money. Often times when you sign up for a player's card they give you FREE money to use in the slot machines, hoping that you'll get addicted and spend more of your own. But we're smarter than that. We each only used the allotted $10 and cashed out any time that we made money. Christopher got extra lucky and hit a bonus winning him a total of $30! David won $15 and I won $5 (haha, exactly the reason I don't gamble, I have the worst luck!) But it was still fun because we all walked away with some free money to pay for our dinner that night.
Speaking of dinner... while at iHop, David told Christopher he would pay him $3 if he ate his whole meal with no hands. This meal included pancakes, french toast, crepes, bacon, sausage and hashbrowns. It was quite entertaining, until he decided to try and flip a pancake up into his mouth and instead it flew through the air and landed on my leg! Ok, maybe that was still pretty funny.
We loved our day in Ocean City! I would definitely love to go back again someday!




No comments:
Post a Comment