Sunday, September 16, 2012

The End.

Today is September 16. That means it's my favorite season ever... summautumn. You know - that time of year where the summer sun is still toasty warm, but the air is crisp with a cool breeze? I just love it.

But this also means that summer is almost over and in six days it will "officially" be fall. I realize I haven't been the best blogger lately, so I'm going to share a few of our summer memories...


Meeting Mitt Romney & his wife Ann when they spoke in downtown Newark. 


Getting our annual free 7-11 Slurpees on our anniversary.


Enjoying some delicious Rodizio Grill to celebrate being married for 4 years!


Spending an evening at the Knox County Fair, complete with gyros, a bucket of fries and the Thompson Square concert! 


Day date to Magic Mountain for batting cages, go-karts, mini golf & arcade games! After just a few hits in the cage, my hands hurt really bad! Not my favorite activity.


Adhering to our late night Taco Bell craving. We were in super hyper mood and my butt accidentally hit the napkin dispenser which was loaded by a spring so hundreds of napkins shot out all over the floor! It was super embarrassing but mostly just really funny. We laughed so hard my tummy hurt and tears starting flowing. haha... you probably just had to be there.


We went fishing for our Wednesday night church activity and each caught a small mouth bass! I'm pretty sure this is the first fish I've ever caught... at least that I remember. They even made me hold it by its mouth - and it had teeth! I was a little freaked out, but it was cool. I definitely want to fish more often!


We went to my family's summer reunion in Wooster. The weather was perfect and it was so great to see everyone! I love that we live in Ohio now so we can attend family events so much easier.


We've seen LOTS of deer everywhere. Like literally... we usually see 2-3 every day by our house. I loved this little Bambi with white spots, so cute :)


Christopher got a new bow that he's been practicing with a lot. The first time he shot the bow at the archery range, he hit a big florescent light which came shattering down! We felt so bad... but they told us that the bow wasn't setup right so it wasn't his fault. He actually has really good aim!


We went on bike rides, caught fireflies, and played at the local park down the street. 


We went to the outdoor drama, Tecumseh! in Chilicothe, Ohio. This was one of my favorite childhood memories so it was fun taking Christopher and seeing the production as an adult. It's basically like a broadway... but it's outside, without the singing and has a real river, trees, horses, fire, gunshots and cool stunts! It was just like I remembered it. 


My niece Olivia and nephew Isaac came to visit for lunch one afternoon! We took them to one of our favorite local restaurants, Rooster's. Love these cuties.


We went on a spontaneous trip to the pacific northwest, including Seattle, the Oregon coast, Portland and the Redwood Forest in the northern California. That's where stumbled upon this wonder of nature... known as "The Big Tree." haha don't worry... we totally giggled too. The only warning nps.gov gave us was "once you see it, you'll know why."


I possibly, slightly tore my rotator cuff. We never got the MRI because it's since gotten a lot better. And who knew MRI's are so expensive? Anyway... the story is a little humorous. I was in the middle of taking engagement pictures and I wanted to get a really high angle - so I had Christopher hoist me up on his shoulders. Once I snapped a few, I said I was going to get down. He thought that meant launching me forward and I would land on my feet while I thought that meant gracefully sliding down his back. Well, as you might have guessed - he launched me forward. I didn't even realize what was happening until I hit the ground. I landed directly on my lower back, with my right arm holding my camera and my left arm bracing the fall. The impact sent me into shock, I almost blacked out, almost puked and had to take a 20-minute break before resuming the photo session. But I was committed... there was no way I wasn't finishing that session! I'm lucky I was able to and nothing else horrible went wrong. We calculated that I probably fell from about 7 feet. Moral of the story is... drink lots of milk like me! I've still never broken a bone :)


We started a second business, 360-degree access. I obtained my certification to become a Google  Trusted Photographer which basically means  I am an independent contractor for Google.  I've learned how to use my photography skills to create 360-degree panoramic virtual tours of businesses & Christopher is my sales director.  It's been such a fun experience so far!
Christopher had his first day of school at Ohio State! He's taking a few more pre-requisite classes so he can get into graduate school. I'm SO jealous that he gets to be in college again. I miss it!  A master's degree has been on mind a lot lately...


We made the long 10-hour drive to Connecticut to visit Christopher's family for Labor Day weekend. It was so fun to see everyone!



We went sailing in the Long Island sound for a few hours. It was my first time sailing on a small boat where I actually have to control it. We had a blast and luckily no one sunk or capsized... surprising since the boys had a "pirate" war, attacked each others' boats and I ended up starting with Kyle & Christopher and sailing back with Noah & Justin. haha always an adventure with those boys.


Enjoying some yummy DQ Blizzards! The family fave is Reeses Peanut Butter Cup and Cookie Dough... but we diverted from the norm with some Strawberry Cheesequake.


Just standing in the busy New York City streets for a family photo... love that the color of the taxi matches Sydney & me!


Nothing like giant pieces of New York pizza! Yum!


We drove around the city for a little bit to enjoy the sites before heading back to Ohio. I was expecting a lot more traffic since it was a holiday weekend but it actually wasn't bad at all.



We made a pit-stop on our way home to check out this new thing call "Me-Ality." It scans your body and then prints out the size and brand of jeans that will fit your body best! I still have to try on all the recommendations but I was super surprised about the difference in sizes. Depending on the brand - I could be a size 2, 4, 6, 7, or 7/8! Crazy. Just goes to show how messed up our measuring system is and "size" really is just a random number!


Then we had Krispy Kremes for dinner... but seriously, the hot light was on! I couldn't resist.


We went to the Wayne County Fair with my parents and enjoyed some gyros, played our favorite game, skee ball, looked at all the animals & even the giant vegetables! Oh how I love the fair.



Lastly, we spent our final summer day lounging by the apartment pool. The weather was perfect and sunny and beautiful! I miss this already!


I am so sad our summer is over...

Good thing it's FOOTBALL SEASON to cheer me up! Go Aggies! Go Buckeyes! Plus it's boot & sweater weather. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment