Saturday, September 22, 2012

We started a business.

Let me just preface this post by saying...

I never imagined myself as an entrepreneur.

I heard people say, "I want to start my own business so I can be my own boss." I respected them, but never thought that life was for me. That is... until now.

I've briefly mentioned my two businesses in earlier posts... and here's the thing: I love doing it. There's just something about it. I feel Free. Empowered. Capable. Motivated. Excited. Dedicated. Inspired. Passionate. I feel Fulfilled. Now I know why people really want to own their own business...

Most of you may know about my portrait photography & design business, Natalie Joy Creations. My right-brain thrives in this world! Poses. Props. Photoshop. Babies. Happiness.

However, Christopher and I just launched another business (together) called 360 Degree Access | Virtual Panoramic Tours. He's the sales director. I'm the Certified Google Photographer. Basically this means that we are independent contractors for Google. They trained me and I follow their guidelines, but we run our business independently and we keep 100% of the profit (minus Uncle Sam's cut, of course). I built our website and it's finally up and running... but I'm still working on perfecting it. For now, it's just functional.

Here's the front & back of our business cards: 




So to explain more of the details... most of you are probably familiar with Google's "Street View" technology (when you click on Google Maps and it looks like you are virtually driving down the street to see the outside of buildings, houses, etc.) Well basically our job is to create walk-through tours of businesses so people can have that same experience, but on the inside.

The process is really cool. I use my DSLR camera, a panoramic head, a tripod and a fish eye lens (that views 180 degrees). Then I take a series of images at 90-degree intervals, upload them online and Google's software stitches them together. Then I moderate the tour to make sure all the arrows and paths match up. Then I upload it to Google Maps/Google+, it gets approved by Google's QC team, and voilĂ ! The 360-degree panoramic, interactive tour is available for all the world to see.

So far we've had three successful shoots and a lot of interested customers! Click to see one of the 360-Degree Access Virtual Panoramic Tours that we created. It's so perfect for retail shops, salons, dentist offices, fitness centers, restaurants... the list goes on. It's such a great way for small businesses to attract more customers, showcase their business online and really stand out on Google.

So if you know of anyone in the central Ohio region who might benefit from this service, tell them about this great opportunity!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! That is so awesome! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats. This is so exciting. Good luck!
    PS- you are very talented at photography. I always love your posted photos.

    ReplyDelete