Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fall is Fading into Winter

[Side note: My apologies for this picture/information overload... our internet modem is broken so our downloading speed is like 10 and our uploading speed is like .0002 aka: we haven't been able to upload anything for weeks.]

The yellow, orange and reds of fall are turning into the browns, tans and whites of winter. Luckily we got to enjoy the colors while they lasted! I went on several nature walks and we took a day-trip down to Hocking Hills State Park to enjoy what we Ohioans call "hiking." (Mr. Montana-husband says if old people with a cane and toddlers under the age of 3 can navigate the trails then it doesn't count as hiking, but whatever, it was pretty).

Here's some of my favorite photos:








Pretty nature walks galore...








Here's Christopher proving to me that HE can be a photographer w/ "creamy bokeh" too... abstract portrait, maybe?


For Halloween, we didn't do anything exciting. I bought tons of candy... but sadly no trick-or-treaters rang our doorbell. Our two festive (yet lame) activities were:

1. Dressing up as Ariel and prince Eric to get some $2 burritos at Chipotle. (We should win an award for these costumes... not because they're that great, but because they came completely from our closets (free!) and were put together in less than 3 minutes.)


2. Second activity: Carving, oh wait, painting, oh wait... decorating pumpkins? I know... this activity took less than 3 minutes too. We were lazy this year. But at least I still got to eat tons of great candy!


Another special moment this fall was attending my sister's ultrasound!! I got to see baby moving and swimming around and even feel him kick. Such a cool experience :) 


And we also found out that my NEPHEW will be arriving in February!! Can't wait to meet him :) This girl will be the cutest big sister.


And of course it wouldn't be fall without some college football! We watched the Buckeyes DOMINATE Illinois. And while it wasn't the Aggies, husband loves anything football so he was happy. Plus we got some Cane's fried chicken and that alone makes for a perfect evening. But speaking of the Aggies... our FOOTBALL team is RANKED in the TOP 25! First time in school history. So proud.






Even though it's December now, walking outside you wouldn't really know it. A few days this month it was 65 degrees! So crazy. If this is global warming, bring it on. haha. Our first winter-ish activity was checking out the lights at the Columbus Zoo! I like this abstract, out-of-focus shot...




They were super pretty! Plus we got to see elephants, sleeping bears, wrestling tiger cubs, swimming manatees & sea turtles, creepy bats, giant snakes, crazy mice that can run on glass, kangaroos mixed with squirrels that hop around and make me giggle, and the grand finale...

Santa scuba diving! hah. Loved it.



And let's not forget Thanksgiving! It was super fun/special for me this year because I got to spend it with my family! It has been 4 years since this was possible and I loved every minute of it. We went to my parent's condo in Amherst, Ohio up by Lake Erie. It was smaller than what we're used to, but cozy and fun.




We also had a girl day full of cookie baking, shopping and some sewing! Having sisters (and nieces) is the best.



Another highlight was spending time with my little niece, Hallie! Despite being woken up way too early in the morning by a high-pitched voice begging, "Wanna watch a show? How 'bout Dora? How 'bout Diego?"....we still had fun together :) We even surprised her with a new tricycle!



[Large Exhale.]

So that was our recap of fall! Busy. Busy. Busy. 

While it's sad to see the trees so empty and bare... I really do love having four complete seasons. Maybe it's because I grew up in a place like Ohio vs. a place like Arizona... but the holidays just wouldn't feel right without cozy, snuggle weather and snow globe blizzards. So I hope colder weather comes soon! I really do love it here. And since husband gets to shoot ducks with his gun and hunt deer with his bow and arrow... I think he loves it here too.



No comments:

Post a Comment