K so... remember this post a little bit ago?
Well, I think this mid-twenties crisis thing was contagious.
Because here I am, with a pretty great full-time job. I get to use my college degree. They're flexible with my schedule. My co-workers might be the coolest people in the world. I have an average salary for people in my position, and my age. I get to travel several times a year, sometimes internationally. I work in my own office (actually 4 of them) with a beautiful, brand new iMac. I have nice health benefits, paid vacation, a 401-K, a space heater... the whole shebang.
Sounds pretty close to perfect, right?
Well.
I just resigned. My last day is May 31.
You might be shocked. And I kinda am too.
But the thing is, I'm a firm believer in following your heart.
Sometimes you have to take a risk. Sometimes you have to make choices that are so. NOT. logical.
Because if you don't... you'll live the rest of your life thinking, "what if?"
So here I go. My new plan is this: Natalie the Entrepreneur working full-time on my three businesses. (I know, I know, you're probably thinking: THREE businesses? Can't she just focus on ONE? Sorry. This overachieving characteristic of mine never leaves me alone.)
Natalie Joy Creations = natural light, boutique photography and custom design
360-Degree Access = virtual panoramic tours for Google Maps
Communication Firm (to-be-named) = marketing, branding, media relations, copy writing, graphic design, product photography & web design (so technically Natalie Joy Creations and 360 Degree Access could fit within my communication firm as one business, however I want to market them separately.)
While doing all of the above, I also plan to further advance my skills in photography, graphic design and web design. (Through this website and applying what I learn.)
Eventually, maybe this fall, next spring or next fall, I hope to pursue a masters degree in digital media design / graphic information technology (aka: art & design for computer geeks.) This is my top program at the moment, but we shall see how everything plays out with Husband's plans.
Do I sound crazy? Maybe to some.
But I believe that if you are really passionate about what you do... then you will be successful. And I hope I prove myself right.
Well, I think this mid-twenties crisis thing was contagious.
Because here I am, with a pretty great full-time job. I get to use my college degree. They're flexible with my schedule. My co-workers might be the coolest people in the world. I have an average salary for people in my position, and my age. I get to travel several times a year, sometimes internationally. I work in my own office (actually 4 of them) with a beautiful, brand new iMac. I have nice health benefits, paid vacation, a 401-K, a space heater... the whole shebang.
Sounds pretty close to perfect, right?
Well.
I just resigned. My last day is May 31.
You might be shocked. And I kinda am too.
But the thing is, I'm a firm believer in following your heart.
Sometimes you have to take a risk. Sometimes you have to make choices that are so. NOT. logical.
Because if you don't... you'll live the rest of your life thinking, "what if?"
So here I go. My new plan is this: Natalie the Entrepreneur working full-time on my three businesses. (I know, I know, you're probably thinking: THREE businesses? Can't she just focus on ONE? Sorry. This overachieving characteristic of mine never leaves me alone.)
Natalie Joy Creations = natural light, boutique photography and custom design
360-Degree Access = virtual panoramic tours for Google Maps
Communication Firm (to-be-named) = marketing, branding, media relations, copy writing, graphic design, product photography & web design (so technically Natalie Joy Creations and 360 Degree Access could fit within my communication firm as one business, however I want to market them separately.)
While doing all of the above, I also plan to further advance my skills in photography, graphic design and web design. (Through this website and applying what I learn.)
Eventually, maybe this fall, next spring or next fall, I hope to pursue a masters degree in digital media design / graphic information technology (aka: art & design for computer geeks.) This is my top program at the moment, but we shall see how everything plays out with Husband's plans.
Do I sound crazy? Maybe to some.
But I believe that if you are really passionate about what you do... then you will be successful. And I hope I prove myself right.
I can help you further your photography and graphic design skills, if you want. I got my BFA in photography and took a bunch of graphic design classes in the process. If you have any questions send them my way! Way to follow your dreams. I too believe that when you do what you love you won't work a day in your life, and you'll be successful. Go for it!
ReplyDeleteChelsey, THANK YOU!! You are so sweet!! I actually do have some questions for you :) I'll be messaging you soon. And thanks for your kind words and support. I really appreciate it!
Delete