Saturday, September 14, 2013

Feasting, Fair & Family

Since I've been so consumed with catching up on past Europe adventures... I've been neglecting the present!

When we returned from our trip, I was a bit worried about this whole new "self-employed" thing. Not getting a consistent paycheck every 2 weeks is a little scary. But it has actually turned out better than we ever could have expected. I do understand that this way of life can be "feast or famine" as they say... so I just have to remind myself of this concept and be a good saver, because you never know what the future holds.

Luckily, my old job at TenCate is still contracting a lot of marketing work to me, so that fills in all my extra time when I'm not at photo shoots. They even sent me to Vegas this past week to scout locations for the upcoming product launch party in January. I love event planning, so it's great to be involved in such a fun project. I have definitely kept extremely busy, sometimes working 10-12 hour days. But I love it. This "feasting time" has been wonderful and I feel so lucky!

Despite the busy work schedule, we have still been able to make time for fun stuff too.

Like The Ohio State Fair!



We enjoyed all the good stuff, like fresh squeezed lemonade, gyros, and deep fried goodness. (FYI, we think deep fried Buckeyes are ten times better than deep fried Oreos.)



Of course, it had barns full of animals, games with giant prizes, and rides that make me sick just looking at the spinning.



It also had the CUTEST pig races.



And the COOLEST sea lion show I've ever seen. I had no idea sea lions were so smart and could do so many tricks! They smiled, walked on their front flippers, balanced, and played basketball in a pool... it was seriously amazing. We love animal shows. Plus all the extra entertainment was FREE! I was so scarred from being harassed in Europe that it was both shocking and refreshing to enjoy a show and not have people begging for money the whole time or chasing you down for taking photos. It was a perfect date night!



Another highlight was my family's annual summer reunion! We only live about 2.5 hours away from my parents, siblings, etc., but it's just far enough that we don't get to hang out on a regular basis. But I'm definitely not complaining! It sure beats being a whole plane ride away. I love living in Ohio and getting to see these beautiful faces... makes me SO happy :)













 

No comments:

Post a Comment