Warning. This post is going to be overwhelming... with way too many photos. But I just want to recap and remember this summer!
After returning from Europe, I was never more relieved to be HOME. I am very grateful for the experience, but after walking a million miles with a 25-pound backpack and suffering from the African flu... it felt good to just rest. And eat Taco Bell. Lots of Taco Bell.
I also loved seeing this joyful little face...
Baby nephews are so much fun. I can't believe how much he grew while I was gone!
Christopher got a new game... well technically I guess it's an old game. He used to play "Bases Loaded" a lot as a kid and the Wii has a game center where you can download a variety of old games. He was pretty excited about it!
We have been garage sale-ing many, many times in our marriage. But never have we been willing to remove our car door to fit a $30 dresser in the backseat...
First time for everything! (It really is a great dresser. And now we know how to successfully remove and install a car door.) Super redneck. I know.
We love going to the dollar theater! It's so nice to spend less than $3 for a great date night. We just have to be a little more patient and wait until the good movies arrive.
The business has been going really well! I've done TONS of real estate photo shoots. I often feel a little obnoxious with all my equipment, but having two cameras and two tripods makes things a million times quicker.
I also had the chance to try something new... taking elementary school portraits for School Picture Day! It was so fun to see all the cute kids, but also a little exhausting. Definitely a great experience though!
And I attended my first trade show for MY business! It was fun to network and talk about what we do. Most people were impressed by the virtual tour technology. Hopefully some of the interest and leads will turn into clients.
After work... then play!
I love this local pool. So relaxing.
And sister dates for smoothies are always a necessity.
I've also learned to read again! I found a GREAT deal on this Kindle and I love it. I can get some free Amazon books plus lots of free library books. It's so great. I love that I can easily take it everywhere and don't have to worry about library late fees or battery life. The battery literally lasts for weeks. It's awesome. Totally recommend it for any readers out there! (Also, the Divergent Trilogy is a must. Just hop on the band wagon. You won't regret it.)
Since I still work for TenCate part-time, I had a work trip to Las Vegas to plan an upcoming event. It was definitely HOT, but I was inside most of the time working anyway.
Of course, I got my In-N-Out fix.
While at the Venetian, I happened to run into my friend Jackie from Utah State who was there for her job at a trade show! So good to see her!
I also got to spend a little time with my friends Andy & Hillary who were there for Labor Day Weekend. I was so excited to see them!! Traveling by yourself is pretty lonely so I was really happy to have some company :)
Back in Ohio, my family threw a surprise party for my cute grandma!
Here she is back in the day. Such a beauty she was... and still is!
While up north, I had to visit my favorite bakery for a Snoogle! Holy yum. It's a good thing this place is 2 hours from my house or I would probably gain 500 pounds.
Since Husband had football, I got to spend some time with my cute Mom. The weather was perfect, so we hung out at the Lake Erie beach by her condo. She used to bring me here every September. Our school had "Fair Day" when the kids got a Monday off school to show their fair animals. Instead of doing that... we went to the beach! I loved this tradition. And I love my mom :) I'm pretty lucky.
As summer comes to an end, I'll admit... I'm pretty excited for fall! I love this season. My friend Kim and I decided to have a craft day and make wreaths, so I found a cute idea on Pinterest and I actually love how it turned out!
I also love my friend, Kim :) Even though Dayton is a few hours away... it's a lot closer than Utah!
Lastly, here's a little shout-out for one of our favorite traditions: Fondue Fridays! We don't do this every Friday, but I sure love when we do. So delicious!
Phew! That was a lot.
This post may even win an award for longest photo backlog ever shared on this blog. If you made it all the way through... you should win a prize.
Recap: Long live summer. Welcome fall :)






























No comments:
Post a Comment