Monday, December 30, 2013

Feeling Jolly...& Plump.


My 24-week photo just happened to fall on Christmas! My belly is definitely noticeable to everyone now, regardless of my outfit. This means strangers don't just stare inquisitively, they feel confident enough to ask me about my pregnancy... which I don't mind because it also results in perks like getting your Shake Shack meal faster than the 15 people who have been waiting in front of you.

Can you believe that baby boy is now the size of an ear of corn?! As I'm writing this... he's probably about 1.5 pounds and 12 inches long. He is growing rapidly & so is my belly! It's crazy to think he could be born today and have a pretty good chance of surviving. (But baby, if you're listening, please at least wait until after Jan. 1... because that's when our real insurance kicks in.)

I can feel his kicks frequently... and can't help but smile every time. The first time I recognized his movement was around 21 weeks. I may have felt him sooner, but was never completely positive. People described baby movements as butterflies or gas or a roller coaster feeling, which all totally confused me. I never felt any of those things. Then my friend described it as a goldfish smacking up against a plastic bag. (Much more accurate comparison for me.) I would say it's like a nudge or a muscle twitch. But however you describe it... it's the most amazing feeling in the entire world!

Baby especially likes to do trampoline tricks by bouncing off my bladder. He also hates when I have bad posture, or rest things on my belly, like an iPad or even my hands. If he's up, he always kicks that spot until I move. I suppose he doesn't like things cramping his space. haha

As for being pregnant... aside from getting winded after walking up the stairs and feeling (and looking) like a flailing turtle when trying to get up off the couch, I feel pretty normal. I don't have cravings. I can eat all the same foods as before. And for now, I can still sleep well and my moods stay relatively even. But we'll see how long this lasts.

Our next big project is THE NURSERY! I've been brainstorming and planning in my head a lot, so I'm excited to start constructing, painting & decorating! Can't wait to share it with you :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment