Well. Our due date is here!
It's April 17th and I made it a full 40-weeks!
I should also add that I have had no signs of impending labor. I'm still only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.
And did I mention they're already estimating that he weighs TEN pounds?! (currently rethinking this natural, non-epidural choice of mine...) He's lucky his chubby little face is so dang cute! Because I am officially terrified.
But you'd think this giant baby boy of mine is getting cramped in there... right?! You'd think he would be weighing down my uterus causing SOMETHING to happen.
Unfortunately... no progress.
Not one contraction.
Honestly, I don't even know if I've had any Braxton Hicks. There's been a few times I've thought... maybe? But it only lasts 1-2 seconds, so who knows.
It's a strange feeling... living life as a ticking time bomb. You know you COULD go into labor at any moment, but at the same time, it feels like it's never going to happen. (Or at least it's never going to happen on its own. I know for sure that the doctors will force him out by April 28!)
Also this: the old wives might have known something about baby boy's gender, but when it comes to inducing labor... THEY FAIL, miserably.
I've eaten about 3 fresh, ripe pineapples.
I've walked MILES.
I've eaten a jar of jalapeños.
I've done squats. And stairs. (And "activities" with the Husband...)
I've replaced my office chair with a big yoga ball so I can bounce and sway all day long.
I've even carried an 8-drawer dresser and two 6ft x 8ft wall panels up two flights of stairs. (A very exhausting task when the most you've carried for the past 9 months is a few bags of groceries.)
There's been a major storm.
There's been a lunar eclipse AND a full moon.
So at this point, I give up!
I know there are other things like castor oil, herbal supplements, raspberry leaf tea, primrose oil, etc. but I've also heard mixed things about those having negative side effects and/or being dangerous so I'm not about to go that route.
Basically, this baby loves living in my belly and I'm OK with that. Even though I'm super excited to meet him and feel anxious to have this whole delivery thing past me...
I also really love being pregnant.
I love that I can protect him from the world. I love that whenever I want to make sure he's OK, I just have to jiggle my belly and poke him til he groggily wakes up and kicks me back. I love that even when he's super hyper, he never kicks me in the ribs (thank you giant basketball belly with lots of room to swim around) AND he even lets me sleep through the entire night! (He very rarely wakes me up in the night to go pee, which I've heard is quite miraculous for a third trimester pregnant lady.)
Mostly, I love that he's all mine. And I'm going to miss this.
It's April 17th and I made it a full 40-weeks!
I should also add that I have had no signs of impending labor. I'm still only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.
And did I mention they're already estimating that he weighs TEN pounds?! (currently rethinking this natural, non-epidural choice of mine...) He's lucky his chubby little face is so dang cute! Because I am officially terrified.
But you'd think this giant baby boy of mine is getting cramped in there... right?! You'd think he would be weighing down my uterus causing SOMETHING to happen.
Unfortunately... no progress.
Not one contraction.
Honestly, I don't even know if I've had any Braxton Hicks. There's been a few times I've thought... maybe? But it only lasts 1-2 seconds, so who knows.
It's a strange feeling... living life as a ticking time bomb. You know you COULD go into labor at any moment, but at the same time, it feels like it's never going to happen. (Or at least it's never going to happen on its own. I know for sure that the doctors will force him out by April 28!)
Also this: the old wives might have known something about baby boy's gender, but when it comes to inducing labor... THEY FAIL, miserably.
I've eaten about 3 fresh, ripe pineapples.
I've walked MILES.
I've eaten a jar of jalapeños.
I've done squats. And stairs. (And "activities" with the Husband...)
I've replaced my office chair with a big yoga ball so I can bounce and sway all day long.
I've even carried an 8-drawer dresser and two 6ft x 8ft wall panels up two flights of stairs. (A very exhausting task when the most you've carried for the past 9 months is a few bags of groceries.)
There's been a major storm.
There's been a lunar eclipse AND a full moon.
So at this point, I give up!
I know there are other things like castor oil, herbal supplements, raspberry leaf tea, primrose oil, etc. but I've also heard mixed things about those having negative side effects and/or being dangerous so I'm not about to go that route.
Basically, this baby loves living in my belly and I'm OK with that. Even though I'm super excited to meet him and feel anxious to have this whole delivery thing past me...
I also really love being pregnant.
I love that I can protect him from the world. I love that whenever I want to make sure he's OK, I just have to jiggle my belly and poke him til he groggily wakes up and kicks me back. I love that even when he's super hyper, he never kicks me in the ribs (thank you giant basketball belly with lots of room to swim around) AND he even lets me sleep through the entire night! (He very rarely wakes me up in the night to go pee, which I've heard is quite miraculous for a third trimester pregnant lady.)
Mostly, I love that he's all mine. And I'm going to miss this.


Yay!! You look great, best of luck!! Can't wait to hear the news :)
ReplyDelete