Up until 38 weeks, I was lucky and escaped the stretch mark curse. But as of lately, this baby boy has turned me into a giant stretch-marked ballon.
[Side note: if you're like me and have itchy stretch marks, mix up some witch hazel (from the First Aid aisle) & 100% Aloe Vera. It helps! ]
But then I thought about how silly that would be. What's the point? This is me. This is real life. And sometimes women who grow 10-pound (still hoping that prediction is high) babies, get stretch marks.
So here's a few unedited photos:
So here's a few unedited photos:
In case you were wondering... yes, I know my belly is big, I am "about to pop," I will deliver "any minute now" and for the 98123741273409 time, I'm 100% sure there is only one baby in there. (No twins... or triplets.)
And while I'm being honest, I'll also admit something else I was embarrassed to share. I've gained about 45 pounds. That's definitely the high side of what doctors recommend. I was hoping to be one of those super-fit pregnant moms that only gains 25 pounds, but turns out that's not how my body works. And that's ok.
I wanted to share these honest things about myself so I could be real. Yes, I have stretch marks. And despite what the nice people say about me being "all belly"... I have actually gained a lot of weight all over. But regardless of what other negative side effects this baby brings to my body, I know the minute he is placed in my arms, nothing else will matter.
I'm so ready for that moment.
And we JUST found out that he now has an official "eviction date." So unless he happens to come on his own in the next 36 hours, he will be induced tomorrow night at 10pm. I'm a little disappointed that I will need a lot of medical intervention and can't have the completely natural experience... but those feelings are easily overshadowed with excitement. Because I can't wait to meet him!
And we JUST found out that he now has an official "eviction date." So unless he happens to come on his own in the next 36 hours, he will be induced tomorrow night at 10pm. I'm a little disappointed that I will need a lot of medical intervention and can't have the completely natural experience... but those feelings are easily overshadowed with excitement. Because I can't wait to meet him!
(And let's also add that I can't wait to eat a giant buffet of sushi, medium-cooked steak, and a big Jimmy Johns sub filled with lots of cold lunch meat... and afterward, soak my entire body in a bubbly hot tub and then take a nap while laying on my squishy, stretch-marked stomach.)



Natalie, I have got to say, I always look forward to reading your blog posts and I cannot wait until your baby boy is here! You seriously look fabulous - You really don't look like you've gained anywhere other than your belly! :) One of my best friends from college delivered a 10-lb baby girl last year and obviously it wasn't a cakewalk, but everything was fine and I'm sure your baby will be absolutely perfect! Just wanted to say thanks for writing your blog posts and keep 'em coming! :)
ReplyDeleteAbby, thanks so much for your sweet comment!! It really means a lot :) And that makes me feel better!!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! Seriously I may or may not have cried a little! I'm so happy for you! Words cant even explain! I wish we were closer, in all aspects! All our prayers and love! XOXO
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!! You are so sweet :) And I wish that too!!
DeleteI love this post, Natalie! You always have the best, most honest and real posts. You honestly look BEAUTIFUL! You really do look like it's "all belly!" It is so amazing what our bodies are capable of! Good luck with the birth- you will do great! I can't wait to hopefully read all about it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comment. And yes, growing a baby is such a miracle!
DeleteMost beautiful mama and belly ever! You will do amazing!! Love ya girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jen!! xoxo
DeleteNatalie,
ReplyDeleteOne you look amazing, two congratulations, and three thank you for posting this! You posting this has normalized a lot of the things I've been feeling with my pregnancy. I too was hoping to be one of those 'super-fit pregnant moms that only gains 25 pounds', but I'm 23 weeks and up 20 pounds. People say I'm all baby/carrying all in my belly but I'm seeing changes. Pregnancy, weight gain, and stretch marks are a very self-conscious thing, so thank you for your honest, beautiful post! You are going to make a wonderful mom! :)
Mandaran, thanks so much for your comment!! And yes, it's definitely quite the transition for our bodies, but so worth it :) And I know you will make a wonderful mom too!
DeleteI just caught up on your blog posts. I love them all but this was one of my favorites. Everything was so true. You are such a great, beautiful mommy!
ReplyDelete