I don't often never post recipes... because the likelihood of me 1. cooking a real meal worth blogging about and 2. actually following a recipe is very rare.
But today is an exception!
This morning I happened to be wide awake at 5:30am, craving fruit pizza. So, being 9-months pregnant and enjoying my last moments of childless freedom (+ the excuse to eat whatever I want exactly when I want it)... I decided to go shopping for the ingredients.
Side note: Can I tell you how lovely it is to grocery shop at the crack of dawn on a Saturday? Seriously. No people. No lines. Fully stocked shelves. It's wonderful.
Like usual, I looked online for a recipe and found one that seemed promising. And it was the best recipe choice I've ever made. Also probably the best foodgasm I've ever had. Not exaggerating. The moment this fruit pizza hit my tongue, I vowed to never request cake as my birthday treat, ever again. No way. I will forever be demanding fruit pizza. And only from the following recipe:
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
FROSTING:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar (I added a little extra for a thicker consistency)
TOPPINGS:
- Assorted fresh fruit cut into slices (I prefer strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, fresh pineapple & kiwi!)
1. Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) and mix until just combined, about 30 seconds. 4. Chill the dough.
5. Preheat oven to 350.
6. Roll chilled dough into one big cookie and place on a round baking stone.
7. Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons sugar.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
9. Let cool, chill in fridge.
Frosting:
10. Mix frosting ingredients together
11. Spread on chilled cookie
Fruit:
12. Slice fruit into thin shapes
13. Decorate frosted cookie with pretty patterned design
14. Enjoy the best dessert of your life.
Because I did.
And now my life will never be the same.
But today is an exception!
This morning I happened to be wide awake at 5:30am, craving fruit pizza. So, being 9-months pregnant and enjoying my last moments of childless freedom (+ the excuse to eat whatever I want exactly when I want it)... I decided to go shopping for the ingredients.
Side note: Can I tell you how lovely it is to grocery shop at the crack of dawn on a Saturday? Seriously. No people. No lines. Fully stocked shelves. It's wonderful.
Like usual, I looked online for a recipe and found one that seemed promising. And it was the best recipe choice I've ever made. Also probably the best foodgasm I've ever had. Not exaggerating. The moment this fruit pizza hit my tongue, I vowed to never request cake as my birthday treat, ever again. No way. I will forever be demanding fruit pizza. And only from the following recipe:
INGREDIENTS
CRUST:- 1½ cups sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
FROSTING:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar (I added a little extra for a thicker consistency)
TOPPINGS:
- Assorted fresh fruit cut into slices (I prefer strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, fresh pineapple & kiwi!)
INSTRUCTIONS
Crust:1. Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) and mix until just combined, about 30 seconds. 4. Chill the dough.
5. Preheat oven to 350.
6. Roll chilled dough into one big cookie and place on a round baking stone.
7. Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons sugar.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
9. Let cool, chill in fridge.
Frosting:
10. Mix frosting ingredients together
11. Spread on chilled cookie
Fruit:
12. Slice fruit into thin shapes
13. Decorate frosted cookie with pretty patterned design
14. Enjoy the best dessert of your life.
Because I did.
And now my life will never be the same.
Yum!! I have never made one, but I always crave it! Thanks for posting :)
ReplyDelete