So... I'm pretty sure I've never been so behind on a "to-do" list in my life. I'm learning how to prioritize a little better and sadly, blogging is not at the top. My days are filled with growing my photography business, assisting Chris with our virtual tour business, working as a part-time graphic designer for multiple clients, serving as a Young Women leader at church and most importantly...keeping my 9-month-old monster child alive! I didn't even include cooking & cleaning because I'm pretty horrible at both. We had Papa Johns for dinner tonight and the last load of laundry has been in the dryer since Friday so clearly blogging is more important. Hah But this post isn't about me...
Calvin is:
- Speed crawling
- Pulling up to stand... on the couch, kitchen chairs, walls, his crib, my leg... hah, whatever he can find!
- Walking with assistance
- Squatting while he plays
- Standing for a few seconds by himself
- Saying mama!!!!!!!!! (finally.)
- Still breastfeeding about every 3 hours for 10 minutes.
- Drooling constantly but still just has 2 bottom teeth
- Feeding himself - Cheerios and small chunks of food
- Eating everything ...beans, carrots, peas, rice, pasta chicken, fish, eggs, yogurt, cheese, berries, yogurt... even grapefruit with no sugar! We've tried pretty much all the normal foods and he has no allergies and honestly, no dislikes. Whatever we eat, he eats! I really hope he stays this way. I feel like he eats constantly and is always hungry so it must be a growth spurt!
- Helping me clean our floors, hah. He finds & picks up every tiny little piece of paper, plastic or dirt.
- Waking up at 6am (I complain that it's early. But I really shouldn't. He sleeps about 11 hours straight through most nights. I just miss his 7:30pm-7:30am sleeps from a few months ago. It's funny how the body adjusts. In the beginning, I used to feel so well rested after sleeping 4-6 hours at a time and now I complain about him being an early riser. I just need to go to bed earlier!)
- Still in size 3 diapers & 9-12 month clothes
- Weight:
- Height:
Dislikes:
- The vacuum or blender if he's too close to them. The loud noise is terrifying.
- Getting dressed
- Getting out of the bath
- Staying still during diaper changes
- When he can't reach something he wants
- When we take away something he wants
- When I go in the kitchen without him
- Nap-time or sleeping in
Likes:
- Bouncing up and down either in his Jumperoo or while being held
- Hitting / banging everything
- Biting the heads off his finger puppet animals
- Chatting and making the cutest noises
- Pizza, Green Smoothies, Grilled Cheese, Yogurt Nutrigrain Bars (ok... let's just say all food.)
- Crawling around the tub & standing during bathtime
- Tiny toys, like our little animal finger puppets the Little People from his tractor set
- Exploring the kitchen, especially the appliance rack
- Shoes (not putting them on or wearing them) just investigating them and chewing on them
- Electronics - iPhones, computers, remotes, charging cords
- Playing by mom's computer desk
- Playing underneath & around the table
- When Mom & Dad throw him back and forth
- Turning the pages of books himself
- Peek-a-boo books with flaps
- Exploring new places and new people
- Napping in the car

No comments:
Post a Comment