Friday, December 25, 2015

Baby #2 is a...

If you follow us on Instagram or Facebook, then this is probably old news... but on Christmas morning we got to unwrap the BEST, most exciting present ever!

I wanted to do a fun gender reveal for Baby #2 and since our doctor's appointment was just a few weeks before Christmas, it just seemed right to have a holiday theme. Originally, I didn't think I could wait that long and that we would find out early, make a video, and just surprise our family on Christmas morning. But when Husband couldn't make it to the ultrasound, I decided that it would be fun to wait and surprise ourselves too! And since I had picked out all of my Christmas presents (light/studio stuff for photography), it was nice to have a big surprise to look forward to.

At the appointment, the ultrasound tech had me close my eyes during some parts of the scan and then wrote down on a piece of paper what the gender was. She put it in an envelope and included the ultrasounds that showed "the proof."

On Christmas Eve, we took a giant box to the party store, gave the worker the envelope and asked her to fill it with either pink or blue balloons and then seal it up. When we went back to pay, it was a different worker who ALMOST ruined the surprise!! She didn't know what our plan was and luckily I sensed that and cut her off just in time. I was so nervous on the way home because I was afraid we would accidentally open the box or find out somehow. I quickly wrapped up the box and we tied it with some ribbon and a GIANT bow! As I stared at the box, the anticipation ALMOST killed me. I couldn't wait to open it!! I really felt like a kid on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas morning, we brought the box down, but no one knew what it REALLY was. (We had lied and said it was a present for Calvin and we wanted him to open it very last.) After all the presents were open, I added a tag that said "Boy or Girl?" Then it was time for the big reveal!!

We were both SURE it was a boy. My pregnancy this time around has been almost identical to Calvin, even down to the foods I crave. The only difference has been that I have been a lot more emotional. (Like randomly crying at sappy TV commercials...) In the back of my mind, I thought MAYBE that means it's a girl? But I fully expected that box to be full of blue balloons.

So... here it is!!

A Merry Christmas / Gender Reveal video from the Curtis Family:




Spoiler Alert! Read below if you want to skip the video or if you already know :)










































When I saw those balloons come out I was SO shocked! But I think Husband was even more shocked because he was sure we were destined to have all boys. He also demanded to see the "proof." We opened the envelope and sure enough, the baby in my belly is a GIRL! I could hardly believe it! The rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about baby girl names, baby girl nursery themes, and browsing baby girl clothes, bows, accessories, etc. This is a whole new world! After the shock wore off, Husband was excited too. He kept touching my belly and saying, "We're having a baby girl!" I think even Calvin is starting to understand (thanks to several key episodes of Daniel Tiger when he finds out about his baby sister Margaret.) He loves to poke my belly and then does his "evil laugh." He also still loves to give it kisses which is the sweetest. I think it will be a big adjustment.. but overall he will be a very sweet big brother (At least... I hope!)

So... I think I can honestly say, this was my favorite Christmas present, ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment