Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ode to June 09

We have been having a lot of fun lately. Chris's cousin Fabi is visiting from Germany and it's been neat hearing him speak German to his family and also to Chris's mom. I can still understand a little bit, but am sad because I have forgotten a lot too. We taught him how to make peanut butter marshmallow sandwiches and also some delicious Oreo Balls. If you like chocolate you should totally try this recipe!

All you need is: 1 package of Oreos, 8 oz. of cream cheese and then a block of chocolate (melted) You just grind up the oreos into crumbs and then mix it with the cream cheese and then form little balls and dip them in the melted chocolate and then refridgerate them over night.
They are kinda expensive to make beacuse they don't make a whole lot, but they're definitely a family favorite!

We also went to Kohl's and got the coolest set of picture frames. They are black and sorta have the shadow box look. They are a set of 6 frames in all different sizes. I am so excited to put pictures in them and hang them in our apartment when we get back to Logan. And one night we went to the Danbury Carnival! It was fun to walk around and of course, the ferris wheel is my favorite!


We've also been working hard lately, especially Chris. He works his regular job and has been doing odds and ends jobs for a neighbor. I've been helping too and so far I painted a door trim, a deck and a fence. It's also been sunny and beautiful so I'm happy as peach =]

Also the other day when I picked Chris up from work we saw the most beautiful rainbow ever! I felt so amazingly blessed at that moment, knowing without a doubt that Heavenly Father loves us. It reached across the whole sky and was the biggest rainbow I have ever seen. I tried to take pictures with my camera phone but it did it no justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment