So I tried a new invention/recipe..but I can't really take credit for it because I had some at our church linger longer today. They made banana bread squares with frosting and they were DIVINE! It tasted just like banana bread, but better, because it was cooked in a cookie sheet so it didn't take long at all and you get just the right amount! And they put icing on top which made it even more delicious.
For my recipe I invented my own (kinda interesting) strawberry creamcheese frosting. I'm pretty proud of it. In case you need a really delicious zucchini bread recipe, here is my (amazing) mommy's:
2.5 cups zucchini (cut into small cubes)
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
Blend the above in a blender until smooth
In another bowl mix:
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
Optional: raisins & nuts mixed in
Or: brown sugar sprinkled on top before removing from oven
Pour zucchini mix into bowl and mix with whisk or electric beaters
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (for normal bread)
Or:
Pour into a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Then drizzle frosting on top
Makes 2 loaves or 2 pans of zucchini squares.
We love it! So let me know if you try and love it too =]
No comments:
Post a Comment