Thursday, February 18, 2010

New technology we love

So maybe our newest purchases aren't THAT new... but we do love the technology that makes them possible! We have invested in a Nintendo Wii and we have been playing Super Mario Brothers ever since and we LOVE it! It's a great activity for us to do together, instead of watching TV or surfing the web on our own. It brings us closer together... haha, sometimes- unless Mario gets in the way or steals the firepower from Luigi... then it tends to get a little tense at times- but as soon as we beat the castle, it's all happiness & celebration.

I also splurged and bought a MacBook Pro. It was really, really hard for me to spend so much money-- but with all of the work I do in Photoshop, InDesign & Final Cut, it's been a really wise investment. I've used it so much already and am really glad we decided to get it. Chris actually played a funny joke on me the day it was shipped to the house. I was waiting anxiously and tracking the package on UPS. I knew it was out for delivery, I just didn't know when it would arrive. When I got home from class he said there was no slip on the door and I knew UPS stops delivering at 7pm so I had about 3 hours to wait. So we played Super Mario, as I peeked out the window each time Mario died. Then I began to notice Chris saying, "Don't be sad if it doesn't come today," and mentioning it quite frequently. So I checked the tracking number again and it said "1st Delivering Attempt: Successful." That trickster!! He's always being sneaky. But I was totally like a kid on Christmas morning. And sometimes he says, "You treat that computer better than me!" And it's quite possibly true...

No comments:

Post a Comment