Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pain of the Gimp

Okay, so this is somewhat of an embarrassing, but interesting story. So I decided to blog about it. Last night, I was feeling very sleepy and lazy. So Christopher, my concerned husband, scooped me into his arms to carry me to bed. Then he decided to be funny... and throw me onto the bed. This would normally make me laugh and I did, as I soared through the air...

But then I stopped laughing as my knee rammed his face, and his open mouth. Yes. My knee hit his teeth. I was so scared I had knocked his two front teeth out. Luckily, they are both still in tact. Perhaps jammed up a little farther into his gums, but still there.

Then I looked down at my knee, which felt a little bruised and noticed there was a blood spot. Gross, must be from his teeth, I thought. Then I realized, his mouth wasn't bleeding... it was my knee!! When I pulled up my pants to reveal my injury, there was a giant (2cm) gash! It was really deep and each time I moved it opened up and bled more.

So Chris got me some butterfly band-aids, Neosporin, and some Tylonol PM. This morning I woke up and felt fine. But when I put my new jeans on, I realized another blood spot. We decided to put a cotton circle and duct tape on my knee for pressure. I also decided I should probably keep my leg as straight as possible so the wound doesn't keep opening up. This makes me look like a gimp, of course, and also makes me people as the dreaded question, "What happened?" And then I get to share this wonderful story. I think I might just start saying I fell down diving for the ball playing basketball or something...

Anyways, I'm going to the doctor's later today, so we'll see if I have to get stitches. I never have before and I'm scared to... so I hope not! I want the liquid stuff or tape-on stitches, but I'll do what's best for my knee.

And...I guess I'll stop being lazy and walk to bed on my own from now on too

No comments:

Post a Comment