Thursday, April 1, 2010

Remembering Our Skydive

We got our skydiving video/pictures in the mail a few months ago, but I totally forgot about them! Some of them are pretty funny so I would like to share a few :)

Here we are pre-dive...we weren't even scared (yet)
I was so excited to skydive for my 21st birthday... definitely a dream come true!The plane was small...and a little rickety, but the duct tape and rusty holes added to our risky adventure.
The view of the Nevada desert was really beautiful...but we'll admit, it was frightening to hang our legs out of the plane and look down!
I love this transition. Here he is super excited and smiling...

...and now look at his face! haha - his cheeks were the best. In the video they just flap around like a cartoon, it's so funny!I never showed fear in my pictures ;) haha either that or the camera didn't focus on my face until AFTER. It went by fast though. I didn't even have time to be scared! My tandem partner just scooted to the edge and yelled, "Ready? 3, 2, 1..." I didn't even feel like I was falling... more like flying!
Oh the faces...
...and I really wanted my tongue to flap around, like a dog with it's tongue out the window. It didn't quite work, but is still kinda funny :)
Chris jumped out after me, but somehow managed to land before me.
This was fine with me, because I got to control the parachute for awhile. As I pulled each arm, the parachute went in circles or changed direction. It was great fun, but I was so nervous I would accidentally let go, and then we would die. Probably not...but I gripped them VERY tight, just in case.

This is a great expression... Christopher's "Alpha Male" face - haha, but I guess going skydiving does make him pretty cool.
For the landing, he told me to keep my legs straight out, or they would break. So I held them up for about 5 minutes...I didn't want to take any chances!
I like this picture a lot. It totally symbolizes our completion of Life Goal #79.

No comments:

Post a Comment