Easter was a nice relaxing day for us. We searched for our baskets and found a few yummy treats and surprises inside.

We were also lucky to have a delicious Easter ham! It was my first time making a real ham, but it was super easy. I just bought half of a plain ham for only $4 and then I put it in the crock pot, covered in brown sugar, for 7 hours on low. It was the best meat I have ever made! I was so glad it turned out well and we didn't have to eat spiral mac and cheese (our back-up meal).

For my Easter craft, I experimented with fondant frosting on sugar cookies. It tasted really good, although it dried out pretty fast. I think it's because of the dry weather out here. But they're still pretty cute looking.

Lastly, we dyed some hard boiled eggs. It's one of my favorite traditions so I was excited to be creative and spend time with Christopher.

Here's our favorite 12...with a white one for comparison :) We loved our Easter together, even though we did miss spending it with our family.

At first I was surprised when we had a blizzard in April. But then I remembered when it snowed here in June! I decided that instead of complaining I would try to make the best of it and take pictures because it was really beautiful.

While walking to work it wasn't too chilly and I got to see the white blanket that covered all of Logan.
Later on that day we went to the Campus Rail Jam. True Blue PR (which I'm the director of) helped out with marketing and PR for this event. It turned out pretty cool! Although, it would have been nice if there wasn't already tons of snow on the ground because the rail jam people are supposed to bring it in - but I guess they didn't have to :)


We have been waiting for this... Chris day at Spoon Me on April 6th! We got to go and buy 1 get 1 free. Now we're just waiting for Natalie day!

It was so delicious. I love this cute little place.

USU had an "End of the Year Bash." It was really fun! There was a free photobooth, bands, lots of food (hot dogs, churros, cotton candy, snow cones... sugar overload!) They also had Fish Pong to win goldfish and an easter egg hunt. Chris found an egg and it had a gift card for a spa inside! I am excited to get a facial or something relaxing :)

Later, we had the awards ceremony for the College of HASS.

My friend Lacey & I were both honored as A-Pin recipients. It was a nice event, and even more fun to share it with a friend.

While I was working on homework, Chris called me and said he had a surprise. I wasn't sure what to expect... when I saw a camel and a zebra petting zoo I was definitely surprised!

I loved these cute mini horses. They looked even smaller compared to the giant horse next to them.


The zebra was definitely our favorite. I enjoyed feeding it, but was a little scared it would bite my hand off.

Chris really loved feeding this little guy too.

He even pet it a little, just to say he touched a zebra :)

We've had a lot of fun spring activities and the weather even improved and it was 60 degrees today!
Highlight of this week: I've been training for the Wasatch Back Relay and Lance Armstrong came on my iPod (Nike +) to notify me that I ran my longest distance today: 6 miles! It felt great.
Hey i just wrote about you in my blog as well. I am so excited we are training together! You are such a great friend Natalie.
ReplyDelete