It really resonated with me because I feel like I'm always comparing myself, and my body, to unrealistic ideals. Sometimes I think if I could make my body more perfect, then my husband, or people in general, would love me more.
It sounds funny when I say it out loud, because I don't love people based upon their body type, I love them because they are fun to be around. Sometimes, I actually think I love people more for their unique characteristics or imperfections. So despite the fact that my husband tells me I'm perfect and he loves my body the way it is, I still get in moods where I just feel ugly or fat. I love this song because it reminds me to think positive and just makes me feel better about myself.
I think the definition of beauty has nothing to do with perfection. Every woman is beautiful in her own way.
So I'll finally get to essence of this post:
"Just the Way You Are"
- Bruno Mars
Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful and I tell her every day
Yeah I know, I know
When I compliment her
She wont believe me
And its so, its so
Sad to think she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look okay, I say
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are...
...Oh you know, you know, you know
I'd never ask you to change
If perfect is what you're searching for
Then just stay the same...
...The way you are
Girl you're amazing
Just the way you are.
Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful and I tell her every day
Yeah I know, I know
When I compliment her
She wont believe me
And its so, its so
Sad to think she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look okay, I say
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are...
...Oh you know, you know, you know
I'd never ask you to change
If perfect is what you're searching for
Then just stay the same...
...The way you are
Girl you're amazing
Just the way you are.
Listen to the video below to hear the song- it has a great tune.
So... to all of my friends, family and blog stalkers (because I secretly hope I have some)... I think you are all amazing and beautiful just the way you are.
So... to all of my friends, family and blog stalkers (because I secretly hope I have some)... I think you are all amazing and beautiful just the way you are.
I LOVE this song! His others are great too :) You should invest in his album!
ReplyDeleteI really love this song! And hello Natalie, you are GORGEOUS! A lot of time when I am around you I think, "geeze, I wish I had her hair. I'd love her body." Seriously, you are perfect just the way you are.
ReplyDeleteAnd we really should go to an Aggie game!