Sunday, June 5, 2011

Family makes life fun

Before we left on our trip, we got to stop and see both of our families. And I'm SO glad we did! We had so much fun with everyone and were so spoiled the whole time. In Ohio my siblings, nieces and nephews came down for a picnic and it was 90 degrees and sunny the whole time! (so rare for Ohio in May). Then while visiting Christopher's family the weather was also gorgeous (no rain! also rare for the east coast) and we got to attend Noah's Eagle Court of Honor and take a little trip to New York City to see a broadway, and then our flight flew out of Boston so we got to go to the temple and tour the city by car.

We are currently couch surfing in Iceland. As I am sitting here on a stranger's bed, I realize something. We've done SO much in the past week: been to Mt Rushmore, Ohio, Connecticut, New York City, Boston... but none of it would really be meaningful if I were all alone. 

My greatest joy comes from spending time with the people I love, whether it's relaxing at a local pool, or backpacking through Europe. The thing that makes life so great is people... not places. Even though there are a lot of amazing places to see and experience - I know it wouldn't be any fun by myself. The happiness comes in sharing it with someone. 

We took so many great pictures over the past week, but I'll just share a few favorites. We sure are lucky to have such a great family who loves us!








 More about the beautiful country of Iceland another day... I'm SO jet-lagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment