We departed Logan, Utah at 4pm on Saturday. We drove around town taking pictures of things so we could remember important places and memories. Then after a few mini stops at the canal and Beaver Mountain we said goodbye to our wonderful Cache Valley. When we got to Beaver, we couldn't believe people were still snowmobiling and the entire place was covered with snow! It is almost June...which should be summer. But we enjoyed it anyway. I even made a snowball.
Then we continued on. My goal was ONLY to stop for gas. (That meant I could only eat and pee when the car was on empty) I am proud to say this was a success. I did however take one photo at each of our stops in Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Please enjoy the following array of pictures. It will help make you feel like you are on this LONG ride with me. But believe me, you wouldn't have fit in our car if you wanted to come. It was packed literally to it's FULL capacity. In the end we just started cramming things in the cracks. I was glad we got to keep some extra things, but boy was it crowded. I didn't even have any leg room! Good thing I like to put my feet on the dashboard.
Our trip was mostly uneventful. The highlight, or should I say low-light was stopping at Mt Rushmore. It should have been breathtaking... but it ended up raining a ton and was super foggy so we could barely even see it. While I was happy we had this opportunity, I was super disappointed that we couldn't get more pictures of it! Oh well. I'm just glad Christopher insisted on us going in. The people at the gate said the monument was not visible and there's no way we could see it. Because of his persistence and optimism we walked around anyway.
And we caught a glimpse of the Presidents!
After 30+ hours of driving, a few naps in the car, 3 Red Bulls, 1 Monster, Oreos, Sweedish Fish, and lots of singing to the Dixie Chicks, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift and We the Kings...We finally made it to Wooster, Ohio at 8:59 a.m. on Monday morning - just in time for a shower and a Memorial Day picnic with my family!
We were happy to take a 2-day break, because we still had about 9 hours left to drive to Connecticut. Thank goodness our car is such a trooper.






I can feel for you, well only up to Mount Rushmore... We did the long drives through Wyoming, many times last summer. Sad you couldn't see Mt Rushmore! I have pics of our trip there on my blog, you can check it out and get a glimpse of it under the sun through our pics! Well I am sad you guys are gone, but excited for you (and a little jealous I must admit...lol). I'll be stalking your blog for sure! <3
ReplyDeleteSO fun!! I can't wait to hear/read all about your European life.
ReplyDelete