We have been married for 36 months.
I find this cool because 36 is Christopher's favorite number. It's also my favorite anniversary yet. Not just because we are here in Europe, but I think each year of marriage gets better.
Our first 3 years of marriage were a lot of things: new, exciting, disappointing, fun, depressing, fulfilling, worthwhile, annoying, interesting, challenging, happy - and far from perfect.
If you asked me to go back and live through them again, I would say, "no way!" But am I glad they happened? "definitely!"
We have learned so much about communication, relationships, life, marriage, our families, what works, what doesn't, and what we need to do to get better.
We have also, of course, learned a lot about each other...
- He hates washing silverware...I hate washing pans.
- If I have a breakdown, don't try to fix anything, just feel sorry for me.
- I chew a lot of gum...and drink a lot of Diet Coke.
- Everyone has morning breath.
- He is a "saver" - when it comes to all things: money, holiday chocolate, new clothes.
- Never fight when we're tired (yes, we break the "don't go to bed angry" rule quite frequently... we are much more understanding and patient after a good night's rest).
- He's great at spotting animals, I'm great at spotting signs.
- I will always take tons of pictures.
- He is a really great sleeper.
- Girls fart too.
- I'm scared of the dark and people hiding under my bed and grabbing my feet, he's scared of people hacking our computer and watching us through the web cam.
- We are really bad at sharing one computer... and the covers.
- I get stressed and worried... he stays calm.
- He should always be the navigator.
- Humor is the best way to end (or prevent) a fight.
- Our personalities are opposite - but somehow we balance each other out.
So these are just a few of the things we have learned so far... and I love learning new things about him all the time. That's why I think each year it gets better because we learn how to adjust, adapt and handle each other in all different types of situations. We learn that sometimes we need time apart and sometimes we just need to eat dinner first. haha

Basically, it all comes down to this:
I love this boy, through our worst moments and our best, he makes me so happy and I never want to live without him.
It's exciting thinking about everything we have to look forward to in our future - a house, a dog, babies... I'm so glad we have had these 3 years to get know each other and share so many special memories.
July 11, 2011... the best anniversary yet :)


No comments:
Post a Comment