So... this is a big deal.
I think today was my first, real, completely, 100% surprise (from Christopher).
We went shopping this past weekend and I was looking for a satchel. I've been looking for this perfect bag since May. I saw one that I thought I loved, but I was nervous I may find something better...so I didn't buy it.
Then at another store, I found a cute shirt with the #36 on the front. This is Christopher's football number (and lucky number might I add). It was such a cute shirt but was a little bit too big. Then I found the same shirt in another store, my size!! I tried it on but in the end I decided I should be practical and since I didn't NEED another t-shirt, I restrained.
Then after we got home, I had the opposite of buyer's remorse...buyer's regret. I kept on thinking about the cute shirt and bag and wishing sooo much I had bought them! I pictured myself in the shirt...with the bag...traveling around Europe. They would be perfect!
So a few days later, we went back to the stores right after work- but of course, I forgot it's Europe and the stores close at 6pm. (Ironic because the people who actually work and make money, don't get off until 6pm - so it doesn't really make sense, but whatever). I was pretty bummed. It had been 3 days since I saw my perfect outfit and I was sure they were both gone by now. Plus - we wouldn't even be able to go back to the stores until Friday so they would definitely be gone by then.
Here comes the good part. Today at lunch, Christopher said he couldn't eat with me because he had to run home to do some banking stuff really quick. I thought, "Why can't he just do it later?" But I didn't really think much of it. Although, I'll admit - I was a little sad to be eating lunch alone.
Then after work, we were getting ready for our exercise night in the park and I put on my white leather coat. He looked at me and said, "Are you sure you want to wear that coat?" I knew the styles didn't go that well but it was the best color for what I was wearing. But I decided maybe he was right and reached for my light rain jacket - when I pulled it off the coat rack, I revealed my perfect bag!! I couldn't believe it. At first I thought it was our landlord's and she had left it on the coat rack - but then it hit me. He snuck out at lunch to go find it for me!!! I was ecstatic!
Then after we got back from our work out, I was so excited to arrange everything inside of my new satchel. But once again... he surprised me! My lucky #36 shirt was hidden inside! I couldn't believe they still had it in my size. PLUS instead of 10 Euros, it was only 3.
I seriously have such a thoughtful (& lucky!) husband. I love him...and this day full of happy surprises :)

No comments:
Post a Comment