Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Easter All Month Long

So you know how once December hits, decorations come out, holiday music starts playing, families pick out Christmas trees, friends sing carols, moms bake extra yummy treats, a special spirit fills the air... it almost feels like Christmas all month long, right?

Well that's kinda what our Easter was like this year.

As soon as Easter candy hit the shelves... of course I stocked up! Nothing like jelly beans, peeps, Reeses eggs and everything Cadbury.



On Good Friday, we spotted the Easter bunny himself hopping across the road! It was magical.


Then I decided to hide Christopher's Easter basket a few days early. I just couldn't wait for him to find it! I thought I was super sneaky and hid it in a tricky spot... but he must have ESP or something because that's the FIRST place he looked!

Luckily he was nice and "pretended" to look other places so I could take his picture looking around. I surprised him with some motorcycle gloves, a Cowboys hat, candy, an Egg dying kit and a coupon for a motorcycle helmet!

Then we drove up to my parents' house for Easter Sunday. I got to see my sister and adorable niece too! We surprised her with a little Easter basket and a stuffed animal chick... she loved it! See, she gave it kisses!! Love this little girl :)


We had a fun photo shoot too. You can see the family pictures here. The lighting was really fun to work with... the little one, however was having a pretty hard time. She didn't feel like smiling, or sitting still, or cooperating. But we did happen to get a few cute ones. I learned one tip... always bring snacks to family photo shoots! Goldfish are a life saver.

Then on Sunday afternoon we had a big Easter dinner at my Grandma's. It was so fun to be with all my siblings, nieces and nephews. haha and yes.. I know it looks like Thanksgiving. It always does when my family gets together!


Here's my cute Grandma Jeanie... I just love her.


After lunch we hid hundreds of Easter eggs around the yard!! Most had candy but a few lucky eggs had money. Good thing they love me so they all shared their candy! One of my nieces had an empty egg (that accidentally didn't get filled) so she said. "You know what, Mom? I think this is very special. It represents Jesus' empty tomb." What kid thinks of that amidst the craziness of an Easter egg hunt? Seriously so cute. It's always good to be reminded about the true meaning of this holiday.


A week later when I got back from Brazil, Christopher picked me up from the airport (holding the cutest, ever "NATALIE" sign - posing as my "driver")... I was then surprised to find an Easter basket in trunk filled with my favorite treats! Then when we got home I had a "hot-cold" hunt for my gift... 



This BEAUTIFUL, amazing, perfect travel bag!!!!!!!!! Yes. My husband is the greatest, ever. I can't wait until my next trip just to use it. Seriously, so so so in love. I jumped up and down screaming when I saw it hanging on the shower faucet (although I almost missed it because I was looking down in the tub).

Lastly, we STILL have yet to dye Easter Eggs... but I'm sure we will find time soon. Oh how I love holidays! And living close to my family :)




No comments:

Post a Comment