Thursday, May 3, 2012

SOLD!

I never imagined myself being so sad about this. Probably because I sold a part of me today. A little black Nikon D5000 with an 18-55mm kit lens & an AMAZING 55-200mm lens named Zoomy. Sigh. I miss them. They were a part of our family for the past 2 years and it was so depressing watching them go...

It may sound strange to feel so sentimental about plastic and glass. But honestly, those little lenses have seen so much and been with us through some of the best days of our marriage...
  • Our homes in Utah, Connecticut, Ohio and Belgium 
  • National Parks - Arches, Canyonlands, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Smoky Mountains
  • Supporting me before, during and after my Marathon
  • Running beside me in two Ragnar Relays
  • Capturing portraits, engagements, new babies and weddings 
  • Visiting big cities like San Francisco, Las Vegas, Boston and New York
  • Meeting every member of our families and so many of our friends (sometimes very up close and personal)
  • Joining us on road trips across the country, from the west coast California to the east coast Rhode Island and then even down to the south coast of Florida in the Everglades, Miami Beach and Key Largo
  • Venturing into the rural jungle of Guatemala
  • Celebrating our graduation from Utah State University 
  • Exploring Europe! Iceland, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Paris, the French Riviera, Ireland, London, Stone Henge, Holland, Venice, Ancona, Rome, Florence, Milan, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Santorini, Athens...
I guess it would be easier to describe the only places they didn't go with us: our Caribbean Cruise and my trip to Rio, Brazil. Not because we didn't want them to... but because it wasn't safe. Too much sand, water and criminals. Too much fear of them being kidnapped or killed. (Looking back though... I kinda wish we would have brought them.) 

Anyway, maybe now you understand why it was so difficult for me to let them go. It's hard to remember a time that they weren't with us, and now they're gone forever. I guess the thing that brings me the most peace is that they are with a new family now who will love them and take good care of them. At least I hope. 

As tribute to three of the best friends a photo-addict could have... here are my 10 all-time favorite photos ever captured by my little Nikon and Zoomy (my preferred lens).  




 

 





Alright... let's be honest, there's no way that I have 10 favorite pictures. More like 10,000...literally. Lastly, no need to feel sad or sorry for me because despite how hard it was to let my 3 little babies go - they have already been replaced! :)  My shipment from Amazon JUST came today.

Stay tuned because if you think these 10 photos are good, just wait until you see my next post!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Every mother dream is for her baby to make the top ten list :) That one of LE is my favorite too!!! Enjoy your new cameras. I know you will capture many more moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she was just the perfect model! & thanks so much :)

      Delete
  2. OK that Eiffel tower pic... are you kidding me?! Amazing! How I long to go back there. Have fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki!!! I totally know what you mean...I love that city!!

      Delete