Thursday, May 17, 2012

Uplift

Sometimes I have those days (or weeks... or months....) when I just feel down. Right now I need extra hugs, daily positive reinforcement, and more frozen yogurt.

At times like these, I try to find good quotes that help me put things in perspective.

Here's a few treasures:
  • Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life.
  • Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
  • A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can't go anywhere until you change it.
  • The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our "behind-the-scenes" with everyone else's "highlight reel."
  • Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
  • What screws us up most in life is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be.
  • What screws us up most in life is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be. 

Yes. I wrote that last one twice on purpose. Because I need to repeat it, remember it and learn from it. I'm the worst with setting unrealistic expectations. I wish I could just erase them all and enjoy life as it comes, not expecting anything. But that's a hard habit to change.

On a more positive note, I've been LOVING my new camera and lens so far... I just get so excited every time I get to use it. Check out some of my recent photography.

Plus we've had the most beautiful, hot, sunny weather for the past month (70's and 80's) so it's been great for motorcycle rides on this beauty.


And I got to go to the temple with my parents, sister and brother... always a good day, but this time was really special.



 Plus living here in Ohio, I've been able to see my family a lot more often, which always makes me happy!


...And did I mention how much I love my new camera? Focusing on the positive makes everything better. I have a lot to be happy about.


1 comment:

  1. I have been having down days too! May I suggest reading The Last Lecture by Randy Paush! It's been my go to book recently and really helpful!

    ReplyDelete