On Monday nights we try to have a "family night" where we do a special activity, read scripture verses, sing songs and then have a yummy treat. I'll admit... most of the time it's super last minute, thrown together and instigated by me and then husband just goes along with it to appease me.
Tonight when we got home, he was smiling extra big. He said, "Honey, tonight I'm going to plan family night!" I dropped my bag in the kitchen and stared at him. I was really confused. This was not MY husband. He then pulled out our "Family Home Evening for Newly Weds" book. At this point I was shocked... this definitely was NOT my husband. He usually makes fun of this book when I use its ideas for our family nights.
He then proceeds to tell me..."Turn to page 63" (smiling even bigger now), and then he asked me to read the lesson.
I laughed when I saw the title: Husband's Choice. And then I laughed even harder as I continued reading:
"The husband gets to choose an activity... the wife can't complain even if the chosen activity is watching a game on TV."
Sneaky, little husband!!
So tonight for family night we watched the Celtics beat the 76ers (so husband was extra happy) while we ate a Little Caesar's pizza on the couch.
...And guess what, I didn't even complain :)
Tonight when we got home, he was smiling extra big. He said, "Honey, tonight I'm going to plan family night!" I dropped my bag in the kitchen and stared at him. I was really confused. This was not MY husband. He then pulled out our "Family Home Evening for Newly Weds" book. At this point I was shocked... this definitely was NOT my husband. He usually makes fun of this book when I use its ideas for our family nights.
He then proceeds to tell me..."Turn to page 63" (smiling even bigger now), and then he asked me to read the lesson.
I laughed when I saw the title: Husband's Choice. And then I laughed even harder as I continued reading:
"The husband gets to choose an activity... the wife can't complain even if the chosen activity is watching a game on TV."
Sneaky, little husband!!
So tonight for family night we watched the Celtics beat the 76ers (so husband was extra happy) while we ate a Little Caesar's pizza on the couch.
...And guess what, I didn't even complain :)
This is awesome. James and I laughed pretty hard!!!
ReplyDelete