So I just re-read our 2011 review and it was so great reliving all the best moments, slash hating myself for not realizing how cool our gypsy, backpacker life was! I miss it. But that's how I am. Sometimes I get fed up with my life (like right now) and daydream about the future. So I often have to pause and cue country song: You're gonna miss this. Because inevitably, I will.
But anyway, I'm going to be a bandwagon cliche (again)... and maybe even make this whole "year in review" thing a tradition. Because I like it.
While we didn't have any of the super big milestones that I expected for 2012 (like buying a new car, adopting a puppy or making a baby)... we did manage to:
- move to a newcity town here in little Heath, Ohio
- rent an apartment/condo that has a garage, dishwasher, bathtub, and real walls! (not cement blocks or 1970's wood paneling). After living for 3.5 years without these things...it's actually a pretty big milestone!
- start new jobs
- pay for medical and dental insurance for the first time
- contribute to my 401K
- volunteer to teach the 14-15 year-olds at church (Chris teaches the boys, I teach the girls)...they're the best kids, ever. & let's just be honest, they're totally teaching me.
- celebrate our 4th anniversary
- buy a motorcycle
- read books [husband actually bought these books (The Hunger Games) and suggested we read them! = MILESTONE.]
- get on the jumbotron at a NBA game (thanks to my sexy Gangnam Style dance skills)
- start our own LLC (with two brands: Natalie Joy Creations and 360-Degree Access)
- make friends with our neighbors - Dave, Mike, Bill & Cait
- learn what "Auld Lang Syne" means
- survive the Mayan apocalypse
Although our adventures this year weren't quite as extravagant as 2011... we did journey to Miami/Key Largo (Road trip! stopping in Tennessee and Georgia along the way), New York City, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and the Pacific Northwest (Seattle, Portland, Northern California, etc). Plus I was able to travel quite a bit for work; to Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, San Francisco, DC, Atlanta, Ft. Benning, GA and Rio, Brazil.
Well... I guess when I write it all out, 2012 wasn't quite as boring as it seemed. But seriously, work consumed 90% of our life.
So without further adieu... here's our best of 2012:
Favorite Movie
Christopher: Hunger Games
Natalie: Parental Guidance
BEST Restaurant Meal
Christopher: Quesadilla Explosion from Chili's
Natalie: Brazilian Steakhouse... in Brazil.
BEST Homemade Meal
Christopher: Shrimp Alfredo & Garlic Bread
Natalie: Fondue Fridays
Favorite YouTube Video
Christopher: Call Me Maybe, Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders / U.S. Troops Remake
Natalie: Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters
Favorite Song
Christopher: Better than I used to be, Tim McGraw
Natalie: Begin Again, Taylor Swift
Yummiest Dessert
Christopher: German chocolate stash
Natalie: Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Velvet
Most Memorable Sports Moments
Christopher: First Dallas Cowboys game vs. the Eagles in Philly
Aggies being ranked in the Top 25 and killing Toledo in their bowl game
Natalie: Taking Christopher to his first Buckeye football game!
Watching the Americans in the Olympics, especially swimming and gymnastics
Favorite Vacation
Christopher: First trip to Florida - scuba diving in Ft. Lauderdale, gators in the Everglades & snorkeling in the Keys
Natalie: Christopher's surprise vacation to the pacific northwest - Seattle, Portland, the coast & Redwood forest
Biggest Challenge
Christopher: Applying for graduate school
Natalie: Working a full-time, salary job while also starting a new business on the side
Favorite Present:
Christopher: Nike tennis shoes
Natalie: The 5-foot ornate, framed mirror he made me for Christmas
One Special Memory
Christopher: Shooting my first deer with a bow and arrow
Natalie: Getting to be in the room when my sister had her 'gender reveal' ultrasound
One Horrible Memory
Christopher: Taking the GRE
Natalie: Falling off Christopher's shoulders during an engagement shoot, blacking out, and almost (maybe sort of) tearing my rotator cuff
Favorite Game:
Christopher: Mario Kart
Natalie: Corn Hole
Favorite Purchase
Christopher: Matthews Compound Bow & Arrows
Natalie: Nikon D7000 (w/ lenses)
Proudest Accomplishment
Christopher: Getting a 4.0!
Natalie: Starting my own (legit) company: Natalie Joy, LLC
Favorite TV Show
Christopher: Last Resort / Revolution
Natalie: Rules of Engagement
Favorite Reality TV Show
Christopher: Amazing Race
Natalie: Bachelorette
Most Exciting "Brag" Moment:
Christopher: Growing a MONKEY TAIL. (You must see pictures to understand)
Natalie: Meeting Mitt & Ann Romney in Newark, Ohio during their campaign
Plus this is pretty cool to remember too.
2012, I honestly can't say you were my favorite year... but we made a lot of wonderful memories and I really can't complain. I've loved living in Ohio and being within 3 hours of my siblings, parents and grandma. Grown-up life has been good to us and we are excited to see what 2013 will bring!
But anyway, I'm going to be a bandwagon cliche (again)... and maybe even make this whole "year in review" thing a tradition. Because I like it.
While we didn't have any of the super big milestones that I expected for 2012 (like buying a new car, adopting a puppy or making a baby)... we did manage to:
- move to a new
- rent an apartment/condo that has a garage, dishwasher, bathtub, and real walls! (not cement blocks or 1970's wood paneling). After living for 3.5 years without these things...it's actually a pretty big milestone!
- start new jobs
- pay for medical and dental insurance for the first time
- contribute to my 401K
- volunteer to teach the 14-15 year-olds at church (Chris teaches the boys, I teach the girls)...they're the best kids, ever. & let's just be honest, they're totally teaching me.
- celebrate our 4th anniversary
- buy a motorcycle
- get on the jumbotron at a NBA game (thanks to my sexy Gangnam Style dance skills)
- start our own LLC (with two brands: Natalie Joy Creations and 360-Degree Access)
- make friends with our neighbors - Dave, Mike, Bill & Cait
- learn what "Auld Lang Syne" means
- survive the Mayan apocalypse
Well... I guess when I write it all out, 2012 wasn't quite as boring as it seemed. But seriously, work consumed 90% of our life.
So without further adieu... here's our best of 2012:
Favorite Movie
Christopher: Hunger Games
Natalie: Parental Guidance
Christopher: Quesadilla Explosion from Chili's
Natalie: Brazilian Steakhouse... in Brazil.
BEST Homemade Meal
Christopher: Shrimp Alfredo & Garlic Bread
Natalie: Fondue Fridays
Favorite YouTube Video
Christopher: Call Me Maybe, Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders / U.S. Troops Remake
Natalie: Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters
Favorite Song
Christopher: Better than I used to be, Tim McGraw
Natalie: Begin Again, Taylor Swift
Yummiest Dessert
Christopher: German chocolate stash
Natalie: Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Velvet
Most Memorable Sports Moments
Christopher: First Dallas Cowboys game vs. the Eagles in Philly
Aggies being ranked in the Top 25 and killing Toledo in their bowl game
Natalie: Taking Christopher to his first Buckeye football game!
Watching the Americans in the Olympics, especially swimming and gymnastics
Favorite Vacation
Christopher: First trip to Florida - scuba diving in Ft. Lauderdale, gators in the Everglades & snorkeling in the Keys
Natalie: Christopher's surprise vacation to the pacific northwest - Seattle, Portland, the coast & Redwood forest
Biggest Challenge
Christopher: Applying for graduate school
Natalie: Working a full-time, salary job while also starting a new business on the side
Favorite Present:
Christopher: Nike tennis shoes
Natalie: The 5-foot ornate, framed mirror he made me for Christmas
One Special Memory
Christopher: Shooting my first deer with a bow and arrow
Natalie: Getting to be in the room when my sister had her 'gender reveal' ultrasound
One Horrible Memory
Christopher: Taking the GRE
Natalie: Falling off Christopher's shoulders during an engagement shoot, blacking out, and almost (maybe sort of) tearing my rotator cuff
Favorite Game:
Christopher: Mario Kart
Natalie: Corn Hole
Favorite Purchase
Christopher: Matthews Compound Bow & Arrows
Natalie: Nikon D7000 (w/ lenses)
Proudest Accomplishment
Christopher: Getting a 4.0!
Natalie: Starting my own (legit) company: Natalie Joy, LLC
Favorite TV Show
Christopher: Last Resort / Revolution
Natalie: Rules of Engagement
Favorite Reality TV ShowChristopher: Amazing Race
Natalie: Bachelorette
Most Exciting "Brag" Moment:
Christopher: Growing a MONKEY TAIL. (You must see pictures to understand)
Natalie: Meeting Mitt & Ann Romney in Newark, Ohio during their campaign
Plus this is pretty cool to remember too.
2012, I honestly can't say you were my favorite year... but we made a lot of wonderful memories and I really can't complain. I've loved living in Ohio and being within 3 hours of my siblings, parents and grandma. Grown-up life has been good to us and we are excited to see what 2013 will bring!



Looks like a pretty eventful 2012. I think I may steal your best moments of 2012 list. Those are great to have in a journal. Can't wait to see what 2013 brings!
ReplyDeletePlease do! And yes I love remembering the little things. Also, I know it was an eventful year but I think the working full-time thing really took it's toll on me... I miss being a student!!
DeleteWhat a fun way to remember 2012! I may have to do something similar. Glad you had a good year! And I'd say you did plenty of traveling :)
ReplyDelete