Friday, January 10, 2014

The Second.

Can't believe my SECOND trimester is OVER!

This is craziness. Somehow it seemed to go by even quicker than the First.

Not much has changed, but there are a few updates to share: 
  • As you can tell from the photos above... I now have a giant belly! It is often twitching with alien-like movements, or lopsided from a cute little baby bum resting on one side.
  • While I feel him all the time... Husband is not quite as lucky. It seems like baby knows when his dad is trying to feel (or see) his kicks, because the instant that happens, he's completely still.
  • Due to my ever-growing belly, I can no longer button up my coats, which makes for an extra freezing winter! But luckily, my pre-pregnancy style of leggings + tunics means that I haven't had to purchase too many maternity items.
  • We started seeing a new OB-GYN (thanks to a new insurance plan), and I love her! If you happen to live on the northeast side of Columbus and are looking for a great maternity doctor, let me know.
  • We are officially registered at Babies 'R Us & Target! (Definitely one of the most fun parts of pregnancy.)
  • Still undecided on a first name, but the middle name will most likely be Alan (after his dad)
  • Starting to think about things like a birthing plan, hospital tours & prep classes...
I'll be honest. Entering the THIRD trimester is scaring me. It means that everything is becoming real. It means that in the next 100 days,  I'm going to be worried and nervous and maybe a bit psychotic. I'm prepping myself to experience the most pain I've ever felt in my entire life. And afterward...parts of my body will never quite be the same. 

But it all comes down to this... I'm going to have a BABY. I forget that sometimes. I forget that I'm not just getting fat, there is someone living inside of me. 

He can now hear and recognize my voice. He's starting to learn how to breathe and open his eyes. He has all his essential organs and even some hair. And I get to carry him. I get to have this responsibility and this special bond. I get to have a little buddy with me everywhere I go, always reminding me that he's here. Each movement is like a little wave, a little "hi, mom!" A little kiss (or kick) of love.  :)

So along with all the fear and craziness, comes even more joy, gratitude, and excitement! 

Bring on the stretch marks. Bring on the Braxton Hicks. Being pregnant is such an amazing experience... and a blessing. 

I'm going to treasure every minute I have left. (Or at least... I'm going to try.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment