Please enjoy this photo-text narrative of the most amazing New Years Celebration of my life:
New Years Eve began bright and early as we packed up all our suitcases and bags and got onto the Metro-North Railroad. As you can see, everyone was VERY excited...hahah
We were able to find a place to check our luggage and then walked around the city. It was beautiful and BUSY, as always.
Then we made our way to the famous Charmin Bathrooms. I didn't have to go and didn't want to wait in line, however they provided some great photo opportunities for us...haha, this is actually a frequent pose for me- especially on long road trips... luckily I didn't allow myself any water and barely any food because once you're fenced in for New Years, there is no getting out.
Here we are after finally making it through the crowds to find our perfect spot! Little did we know, we were about to be kicked out.
I was so excited to be in TIMES SQUARE for New Years Eve!! Then I looked up at the countdown and saw we still had more than NINE hours left. It was going to be tiring to stand up for that long...but I was ready!
Then all of the sudden the cops shouted at us to get out of our "prime" space because the area was never searched and was therefore unsafe. They instructed us to walked around the block where we would still have a good view of the ball. I was devastated. All the way around the block would mean 300,000 more people would be blocking our great view. So we decided to hide behind a building to see if they would eventually let people back in the area.
We were glad we waited!!! After all the other obedient people were herded around the block, they started letting people back in. And on top of this good fortune, Keasha's friend had a military ID which granted us access to an even better location!! PLUS, we got interviewed on NBC!! They asked me what TV shows I enjoyed in 2010. I responded with How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family & Big Bang Theory.
I was glad to have some fun girls to share the night with!! We spent most of it dancing to Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block & Kesha.
This is a great picture of how the night went. Christopher had already been in Times Square for New Years so he was a little bored and tired. But I'm glad he was nice enough to come along!
Yet another perk... FREE stuff!! Thanks to the sponsors Nivea, we got cute hats, balloons and chapstick on a lanyard.
We were also right by the stage where Gulianna and her husband were being filmed. I stalked her whenever I got bored.
The confetti was my favorite part!! It was amazing how much they dropped from above and how the air currents held it up in the sky for so long. Despite the long wait, it actually went by rather quickly for me. With all of the entertainment and great photo moments, I was easily occupied. Finally it came to the last 10 seconds... the countdown was such a rush!!!
Spending New Years Eve with 1 million other people in Times Square was an experience I will never forget! I definitely don't want to do it again soon, because it was very exhausting. But I am SO glad that I was lucky enough to make this great memory with the boy I love :)
Happy 2011!
After our New Years kiss, the night was complete. Then we made our way through the crowded city to get our luggage and headed back to the train station, which took us straight to the airport! It was a LONG night... but totally worth it!!







You are my hero and an inspiration to me... maybe we will brave it next year!!
ReplyDelete