Friday, April 15, 2011

Super Springtime!

Wow! I must say time is going by way too quickly. I can hardly keep up with this blog anymore! (Partially because I'm so diligent about my Photo-A-Day blog that I tend to neglect this space.) But mostly because we've been keeping really busy. So here's a quick overview:

I took my friend Kimberly's engagement photos. Darrell & her were so adorable together! It brought back lots of memories of what it feels like to be so newly in love. Not that old love is bad [and by old I mean almost 3 years ;) haha] But it was so much fun :) I also made a video by trying some new camera techniques, it turned out pretty cute!


Despite the fact that it's the middle of spring, we've been having lots of snow storms. I try not to complain and I really appreciate the sunny, warm-ish days. 


We went to Baby Animal Days! I loved it. I got to hold a baby duck, baby chick, baby turtle and baby bunny. We also saw piglets, goat kids, baby lambs and best of all...


We saw baby bear cubs! It was so fun to watch them play, run around, explore and be fed with a bottle. They acted like little mischievous children...so cute!


Spotting deer is common in Logan, especially in our neighborhood for some reason. We often see deer running across the road, galloping through our backyard and hanging out at the neighbor's house. Today was extra beautiful because it was snowing. So luckily I had my camera to take a picture!


I've mostly spent the last 2 weeks of my life researching, pondering and dreaming about Charlie Sheen. I entered the Richter7 PR Student of the Year Competition and made it to the finals. Our challenge was to improve Charlie Sheen's image and turn him into a role model. It was certainly a challenge! I worked so hard on this project... which resulted in neglecting my water aerobics, yoga, pilates and zumba classes, neglecting my duties of cooking and cleaning, and neglecting my poor husband. However, it all paid off! I won first place and was very happy to claim my prize. If you are so inclined, Google "natalie curtis usu" and check out the results. I found a Tweet about me posted in some Arabic language! haha, it is all very exciting. I'm so grateful for everyone who helped and supported me! It was a really rewarding moment and I haven't been that excited (or nervous) about something in a long time. It was good for me.


Lastly, we had our Annual Journalism & Communication Dept. Banquet. My friend Hillary and I both won 2011 Utah State Graduate of Year awards! It was fun to be able to share this moment together... and eat some delicious salmon too.


So that's all of our spring time excitement for now. Currently our crazy lives are wrapped up in selling almost everything we own. It's a lot more exhausting than I thought and we have way too much stuff. Our goal is to only keep what we can fit in our car and not have to mail anything home to our parents. We'll see how that goes. Each day I come home from work and the apartment looks even more empty. We are learning how to live without desks, end tables, a clock and microwave. It's quite the challenge! I'm most worried about when it comes time to sell our couch, kitchen table and bed! But our rule is if someone is in market, we'll sell it.

If you're in need of anything you can check our album online: http://tiny.cc/h21w9 - it will constantly be changing and updating as we sell/add stuff. Or just email me because there's lots of stuff we have that's not online yet. It's a crazy feeling selling everything... but my gypsy soul kinda loves it, especially when I think about how I get to buy all new things at our next place. So excited for the future!!

1 comment:

  1. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR FUTURE! I can't wait to see what fun adventure are in store for you!!

    ReplyDelete