Alright, so I could spend the next 20 minutes thinking of a variety of adjectives to use to describe the Amalfi Coast. {words like: beautiful, pretty, gorgeous, scenic, breathtaking, amazing, etc. come to mind}
OR
I could let you form your own impressions by just sharing my favorite 10 photos of our adventures on the Amalfi Coast.
Yep, here we go.




And that's a wrap!
---------------------------------------
Ok, so I feel guilty that I'm being lazy and not recording the normal play-by-play of our adventures, so for history's sake... here's the Cliff Notes:
Bought a 24hr SITA bus ticket that took us to the small village of Praiana, where our hotel "Open Gate" was located. We had a balcony that overlooked the coast, AC and WiFi...heaven. Ventured around our town for some nice views, everything was closed so we took a bus to Amalfi and found some pizza. Bus views=WOW. And scary. Super curvy, narrow roads, lots of honking around corners, stopping for cars, and not much of a barrier between the road and tumbling into the sea. Closed my eyes several times and envisioned how it would feel to drive off a cliff, on a bus, and die. But the sacrifice was worth it. Loved the town of Amalfi. So picturesque. Rode bus back to hotel, relaxed, and there was a firework show! Hotel owner said someone got married and fireworks are customary to celebrate. Next day, woke up and had free breakfast with a perfect panoramic ocean view. Cafe was filled with ivy and we ate croissants w/ Nutella, fruit salad, rolls w/ ham and cheese, warm milk (ugh! even the nice places love warm milk...gag.) BUT they did have the best peach juice! Holy yum. Took a bus to Amalfi (again). The church was really pretty. Enjoyed some Lemon Fanta, drooled over giant ceramic pots/plates, took some great photos. Then took the 8-Euro ferry from Amalfi to Positano (BEST decision ever!) Water views were to die for. And way better than paying 500 Euros to rent a boat, like we briefly considered. Positano was my favorite city! Pink flowers and multi-colored buildings + vibrant church dome. Explored town and loved it but... down side to the Amalfi Coast is too many people/tourists! Laid out on the rocky beach for a bit until it was time to walk up and catch our bus. Took SITA bus back to Sorrento. Amalfi Coast... you were beautiful, pretty, gorgeous, scenic, breathtaking, amazing, etc. Minus the mass crowds of annoying tourists... you were perfect. (And PS. If you made it this far & noticed that I actually posted 11 photos, not 10 - you deserve a prize!)
OR
I could let you form your own impressions by just sharing my favorite 10 photos of our adventures on the Amalfi Coast.
Yep, here we go.
And that's a wrap!
---------------------------------------
Ok, so I feel guilty that I'm being lazy and not recording the normal play-by-play of our adventures, so for history's sake... here's the Cliff Notes:
Bought a 24hr SITA bus ticket that took us to the small village of Praiana, where our hotel "Open Gate" was located. We had a balcony that overlooked the coast, AC and WiFi...heaven. Ventured around our town for some nice views, everything was closed so we took a bus to Amalfi and found some pizza. Bus views=WOW. And scary. Super curvy, narrow roads, lots of honking around corners, stopping for cars, and not much of a barrier between the road and tumbling into the sea. Closed my eyes several times and envisioned how it would feel to drive off a cliff, on a bus, and die. But the sacrifice was worth it. Loved the town of Amalfi. So picturesque. Rode bus back to hotel, relaxed, and there was a firework show! Hotel owner said someone got married and fireworks are customary to celebrate. Next day, woke up and had free breakfast with a perfect panoramic ocean view. Cafe was filled with ivy and we ate croissants w/ Nutella, fruit salad, rolls w/ ham and cheese, warm milk (ugh! even the nice places love warm milk...gag.) BUT they did have the best peach juice! Holy yum. Took a bus to Amalfi (again). The church was really pretty. Enjoyed some Lemon Fanta, drooled over giant ceramic pots/plates, took some great photos. Then took the 8-Euro ferry from Amalfi to Positano (BEST decision ever!) Water views were to die for. And way better than paying 500 Euros to rent a boat, like we briefly considered. Positano was my favorite city! Pink flowers and multi-colored buildings + vibrant church dome. Explored town and loved it but... down side to the Amalfi Coast is too many people/tourists! Laid out on the rocky beach for a bit until it was time to walk up and catch our bus. Took SITA bus back to Sorrento. Amalfi Coast... you were beautiful, pretty, gorgeous, scenic, breathtaking, amazing, etc. Minus the mass crowds of annoying tourists... you were perfect. (And PS. If you made it this far & noticed that I actually posted 11 photos, not 10 - you deserve a prize!)


I love all the blue! BTW I'm also LOVING these posts. I'm so excited when I see that you did a new one. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet. Thank you!! I love reading your posts as well :)
DeleteWOWZAS!
ReplyDelete