Sunday, August 18, 2013

#Eurafrica2013 || Day-Date in Barcelona

In Barcelona, we decided to split up. Kyle & Dave went one way... and Husband and I had a day-date together, exploring this beautiful coastal paradise.


We only had one day here before we jetted off to our next city, so we bought a metro pass and checked out all the top tourist "must-sees."

Gaudi Park: Amazing architecture and tile work.








The Sagrada Familia - More architecture by Gaudi and the coolest church I've ever seen in my life. It was definitely my favorite part of Barcelona and totally worth 11.50 Euros to get in. (Although if you're going during peak time, I would recommend buying your tickets online in advance to save yourself the potential 30min-1hour wait time at the entrance.) Plus, we timed it PERFECTLY with the light coming through the stained glass windows. WOW. Is all I have to say. No Photoshop necessary for this place!



La Rambla - Most famous shopping street in Barcelona. Didn't take any photos here, but it's a neat "happening" place for locals and tourists.

Barcelonta Beach - Where we changed out of our sweaty, hot clothes and spent the remainder of our day relaxing, napping, swimming, and strolling along the boardwalk. The beach here reminded me of the Carolinas.
 



I wish we had a little more time in Barcelona, about 3 days would have been ideal. But we saw all the things on our list and definitely enjoyed it! (And Gaudi is now my new favorite artist.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've never seen pics of inside the The Sagrada Familia. I've always thought the outside was really ugly and looked like old corn cobs. But those interior pictures. Wow. Now I get why that church is considered such a masterpiece. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, yes I know what you mean! But the inside is even more amazing in real life!

      Delete